PT13.S4.Q07 - murray: you claim senator brandon has accepted

SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
edited September 2016 in Logical Reasoning 1278 karma
So, I got this question right and I understand why the correct answer is correct and the others are wrong, but I need a little help figuring out C. Is it wrong because of the word only?

A) Murray never states his opinion on this, he just states that Jane claims this and her criticism is wrong in she does not criticize others.
B) M doesn't say whether it is wrong or right, he is just critiquing J's argumentation. J never says she thinks this is wrong although I think it is implied in her criticism of the politician.
C) I was deciding between this and E, I ultimately went with E because I thought only was too strong and there could be reasons other than her dislike such as the potential principle that it is wrong to accept gifts from lobbyists.
D) Jane agrees with this, Murray we don't know how he feels. All we know is that he doesn't like Jane singling out the one politician.
E) I would say this is true because of both arguments. M says regardless of Senator Brandon's involvement at least others have done the same. J acknowledges that she has not criticized the same point in other politicians indicating that Senator Brandon is not alone in this practice.

So, if someone can help me understand C better or let me know if I am on the right track, I would be most appreciative!

Comments

• Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    Yes. The word "only" makes C wrong. We just don't know if it's the only reason Jane doesn't like the senator.