N.A Defender Type Answer Choices and Strengthen Eliminating the Weakness Answer Choices

NyanyanyaNyanyanya Alum Member
edited September 2016 in Logical Reasoning 28 karma
N.A Defender Type Answer Choices and Strengthen Eliminating the Weakness Answer Choices
I somehow feel that those two answer choices are very similar. Does anyone here have opinion on how those two answer choices differ? Those question types are both assumption type questions, and I assume that is why I feel those two are from similar (not the same) grounds.
For example, this is an made up argument but...
Assumption: This september, there are more people coming to watch movie in theatre A.
Conclusion: Therefore, theatre A would collect more profit this month.
Strengthen (Eliminating the Weakness AC) and NA AC could be both something like the theatre did not offer large price discount this September.

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Bumping this so more people can see & respond
  • attorneysomervilleattorneysomerville Free Trial Member
    75 karma
    I agree with your hunch, here. Not all strengthen questions involve a necessary assumption, but I think that every "eliminate the weakness" variant does.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Yeah, I'd agree with that. Any time you provide an unstated necessary assumption, you are strengthening the argument. This is a great example of how essentially interrelated the question types really are.