Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best time to apply for Law school?

melloishmelloish Free Trial Member
I've heard a few mixed reviews on the best time to apply. For example, one article expressed that if you do not apply by the end of October the chances of you getting accepted are substantially more slim. Then another article expressed that as long as it is before January there is no rush. Basically, what I want to know is when is the best time to apply before waiting begins to handicap the chances of being accepted?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Since law school apps are at an all time low, what was once considered impossible is now possible. Basically if you take the December LSAT for example, that won't prevent you from getting accepted in that cycle and this especially goes for school not in the t20. I think submitting an application with a September or December score will be just fine.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    The best time to apply for law school is when you have the best application package, including high LSAT, GPA, good LOR, strong PS/DS/Why X essays.

As far as temporally speaking it seems like applying earlier is going to be better in most cases. It also depends on your stats and the schools you are applying to. But as a general rule of thumb, earlier is better. I wouldn't say your chances are "substantially more thin" if you don't apply by the end of October. I think that's silly. I think Oct/Nov is early. December is still fine. Jan isn't late, but it isn't early. Feb is late and too late in many cases for some schools to even apply at all.

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma
    I am rewriting the LSAT in December & I met with one of my choice schools & the admissions dean told me it would be wise if I submit everything now (I mentioned to her I had everything ready almost) & indicate on application I am sitting for the Dec test to get my app in an earlier pile versus submitting in January after score in.
    11542 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    But as a general rule of thumb, earlier is better. I wouldn't say your chances are "substantially more thin" if you don't apply by the end of October. I think that's silly. I think Oct/Nov is early. December is still fine. Jan isn't late, but it isn't early. Feb is late and too late in many cases for some schools to even apply at all.

Lol, basically what I was trying to say :D gotta love giving advice at like 1AM haha.
    11542 karma
    @"dytmom_3x" said:
    it would be wise if I submit everything now (I mentioned to her I had everything ready almost) & indicate on application I am sitting for the Dec test to get my app in an earlier pile versus submitting in January after score in.
    This is very true too.