Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Random PT score

kendallcfisherkendallcfisher Alum Member
edited June 2014 in General 40 karma
Hi guys,
Sorry for the endless score-related posts I've been doing!
I have been doing a couple PTs a week lately, and I've seen a very gradual increase to about a 162 average. The other day I got a 167, but the next PT I took was back down to 160. The 167 was when I had the entire day dedicated to the test, and the 160 was after a long day at work. Do you think this is enough to account for the score discrepancy, or was the 167 more likely a fluke?

Comments

• ikethelsatikethelsat Alum Member
    193 karma
    The LSAT is reliable but its own literature suggests that one single score is more indicative of a slightly broader range of possible outcomes. If you consistently score 162, on any given test you might expect to see somewhere between 159-165.

Furthermore, from my own experience, different eras of LSAT favor different strengths. I personally found LGs from 1-40 much harder than 40-71, and LR+RC from 1-40 much easier than later ones. Given my strengths, I believe I saw a 2/3 point jump on the later LSATs not just from improvement but from test format also.

Finally, state of mind is definitely crucial. You, tired, is not nearly as effective as you on your game.

So any combination of those factors could easily add up to shift you 7 points in any direction.
  • kendallcfisherkendallcfisher Alum Member
    40 karma
    Awesome. Thank you for your input! I really appreciate it.