Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After completing the CC

I have been flagging questions that maybe didn't sink in as I go, so I can go back an review. After you complete the CC would you go ahead and take a PT? and then go back and refresh where you are weak?? or would you go back and refresh on skills you didn't pick up well? I am not sure if I am ready to burn tests just yet since I am going to be traveling and teaching ESL so I am wondering if I should just keep going over CC and then take the tests closer to when I take the LSAT... which right now to be honest is in the air... as I have gave myself a window of Dec through June... and accepted it is ok to start law school in Fall of 2018... I just know I am going to finally be complete with CC soon and I don't want to burn precious tests if I am better reviewing.. or should I burn a 40s test to see where I am and start over??? Sorry my ADHD brain thinks about this stuff and won't shut off until I have a plan ha! Thanks guys!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @TheCubicleEscapee said:
    After you complete the CC would you go ahead and take a PT? and then go back and refresh where you are weak?? or would you go back and refresh on skills you didn't pick up well?
    Congrats on (almost) finishing the CC!

I'd say to do a review of the areas where you are weak first and maybe do a PT broken down into timed sections. This is where/how I am seeing the most improvement.
    Once you feel confident that you have covered any areas of weakness then you can hit the full-timed PTs. If you know you have areas that are weak and need work I don't think it makes sense to jump into full tests. Especially because you seem to have a good amount of time.

I find that people who put off taking full tests end up doing a lot better. I've been on TLS since freshman year of college and it always seems like those who spend the most time studying curricula end up doing much better. When you jump into PTs while you know you are having problems you often 1) don't get much out of it besides discouragement / burn out, 2) you waste fresh PTs, and those babies are like gold.

Good Luck!

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    My rule of thumb: Take a PT post-CC. However, you'll use that PT to determine 2 things:
    1) Where you stand, now that you've completed the CC.
    2) What you may need to continue to work on.
    If, on your post-CC PT you feel that something(s) really threw you off, review those questions, then review them again in the CC. Keep reviewing/drilling until you feel really to PT and BR again.
    I think of every PT as a diagnostic tool. You take it, BR it, then use the results to determine what you need to work on.