Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many hours per day/week are you studying?

pomegranatespomegranates Alum Member
edited September 2016 in General 139 karma
?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    I just finished a 4 day break and going to kill it all week this week and keep it light next week. If you're looking beyond September, I think it's probably better to schedule days off than it is on. Some days you struggle and have to do the best you can, so I always found putting pressure on myself for "on" days could be counter productive and discouraging at times.
  • pomegranatespomegranates Alum Member
    139 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Ah, I see what you mean. I was thinking it would do me some good as I personally need that discipline, where I have to get my mind into it even when I'm not feeling so "on." Because on the actual test day, I might not feel so "on," you know?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Yeah, that makes sense. I guess it depends on how long you're studying. I've been at it for well over a year, so long term sustainability has been key, haha. I found that I burned out really quickly if I forced it too much. And I'm definitely not saying don't study when you don't feel like it. You have to or you'll never get through it. Just understand that you won't be able to hit it hard every study day and that's okay. You do have to push through those days, just don't feel discouraged by a day that felt like an unproductive struggle.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Just understand that you won't be able to hit it hard every study day and that's okay. You do have to push through those days, just don't feel discouraged by a day that felt like an unproductive struggle.
    True wisdom!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    I average and try to hit 4-5 hours a day. Some days that means 3 and others 6, but I average right around 25-30 a week. For me it seems to be the sweet spot where I get a lot done without burning myself out. I usually take Sundays off.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    I average and try to hit 4-5 hours a day. Some days that means 3 and others 6, but I average right around 25-30 a week. For me it seems to be the sweet spot where I get a lot done without burning myself out. I usually take Sundays off.
    Lol, this is exactly what I do. Sundays are also off for me because I teach Sunday School.
  • leejayleeleejaylee Alum Member
    218 karma
    3-4 hours a day =). At this point, I don't think I'm learning any more about the test (Sept.). Just trying to stay fresh every day and be on my game when the pressure is on! I take days off when I need to and feel like I'm not reading as I should.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    It depends on the day, week, and month. Typically, I study for 6 days a week, 3-6 hours a day (usually 3 hours of "real" studying).
    If I'm having an "I'm over the LSAT" week, I'll take 1-2 days off, and do some very light studying - maybe 1 - 2 hours/day.
    If you feel yourself starting to burn out, step back and relax. Burning out the month of the LSAT is not something you can afford.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    There is no real set schedule for me. I like to study in blocks of like 2-3 hours. 1-3 times a day, 5-6 days a week. On the weekend I hit it hard. I've been doing that for a very long time and I love it. If I ever feel burned out I take half my nights or the weekend off.
  • combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma
    It depends on the individual. Personally, I carry a 22 credit schedule so I can no longer put 6 hours in but my Econ curriculum does benefit me at some level. Ultimately, it just depends
  • I'm working full-time while trying to study so my studying has been pretty irregular. With that said, my boss has been out of town for 2 weeks so I've been studying closer to 4 hours at least every day. I saw some strong improvement at first but then started regressing. I took the weekend off after a solid 5 days of >4 hours and scored a PB on my PT this weekend. My advice would be: don't try to conform to a certain amount of time, do what you can and do what feels right.
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    I have a structured 4-5 hour deal with limited breaks in between. I have basically built my entire schedule around important days in the general election, my dad's birthday, and Halloween until the december exam.

The four debates (3 presidential/1 vice) are off days. Election day is an off day. November 11th and Halloween are off.

Every other day is a study day for me. I am on the three month 7sage plan at this point, so I am really pushing as hard as I can.

7 sage has me completing around 35 pt's in a two month span, and that will probably be impossible. I will max out at 3 once I am done with the curriculum, and then focus on PT's BR.