When you draw mini game board or sub-game board , do you write /X rule each time?

strasvery-deletedstrasvery-deleted Free Trial Member
in General 161 karma
Hello,

When you draw sub-game board or mini game board for questions that add new rules, do you draw "X cannot be here" or "X must be here" rule each time? Or do you just refer to the original board for those rules?

Thanks

Comments

• Rachel YoonRachel Yoon Member
    173 karma
    For me it depends, but usually I think for 'X must be here' rule, I draw it since it's more easy to spot on and doesn't take much time. For 'X cannot be here', it the remaining variables are two or three, I think I prefer to draw them.
  • strasvery-deletedstrasvery-deleted Free Trial Member
    161 karma
    What do you mean by saying "remaining variables are two or three"?
    Do you mean you draw them if there are 2 or 3 "cannot be here"?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    Any rules that are represented on my master game board I draw out on my mini game boards. For additional rules, I refer to my master rule list.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Any rules that are represented on my master game board I draw out on my mini game boards. For additional rules, I refer to my master rule list.
    I use this approach and find it to work very well. I think when you're going fast the extra few seconds to write out the rules can prevent really stupid mistakes.
  • strasvery-deletedstrasvery-deleted Free Trial Member
    161 karma
    Thanks guys,
    so...maybe I should make the master board look noticeble?
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I'm operating under the assumption that you don't draw out every single "x" rule (for many games, there can be more than half a dozen). If that is the case, then yes whatever is on my primary game board is transferred to my sub-boards.
    I can't tell you how many times I made stupid mistakes due to getting cocky and not drawing out my inferences.