Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much can people actually improve on LSAT in 2.5 month?

strasvery-deletedstrasvery-deleted Free Trial Member
in General 161 karma
I have done 20↑ PTs and old ones a long time ago...
I kind of basically did all of PTs, but not enough reviews.
How much can I improve in 2.5 month? I just need to review&re-do questions I missed&improve timing I guess...
I'm not sure how much I can improve, maybe none?
I was wondering to take Sept or Dec.
I'm not in the range that I want to but...if I cannot improve a lot, maybe I should just take Sept one?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    You can absolutely improve. Before you started PTing, what did you do to study?
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@strasvery said:
    I have done 20↑ PTs and old ones a long time ago...
    Save the rest so you have diagnostics to gauge improvement. Also, make sure you blind review your tests thoroughly. I learned the hard way you don't learn much by just doing LSAT questions. Reviewing your work closely and breaking down every, yes, every argument!

And never be afraid of redoing questions. I redid my first diagnostic (June 07') over and over (3-4 times) until I got a 180 on it. Maybe I memorized some of the answers; but if I did, it was during BR when I broke down the arguments and made sure I truly understood why the wrong answers were wrong and the correct were correct.
    @strasvery said:
    How much can I improve in 2.5 month? I just need to review&re-do questions I missed&improve timing I guess...
    You can probably improve quite a lot in 2.5 months. It depends on what your average PT score is now? I improved about 10 points in 2.5 months using 7Sage. However that jump was from the 150s into the 160s. If you are in the 160s, the jump to the 170s or high 160s is a lot harder. Also, how much time you have to dedicate to prep will determine how much you improve as well.

What prep materials are you using to study now?
    @strasvery said:
    I'm not sure how much I can improve, maybe none?
    I was wondering to take Sept or Dec.
    I'm not in the range that I want to but...if I cannot improve a lot, maybe I should just take Sept one?
    Don't take the LSAT next week if that is what you are referring to. You absolutely can improve. almost everyone that preps makes massive gains in their score. You have to put in the work though because the LSAT is a skills based test. That means memorizing things (which I am great at) doesn't translate to going well on this test. Instead, you have to re-train your mind and learn to read in a different way.

As far as December, I wouldn't jump to sign up for that either. Wait until you have reached your goal and then sign up. It is an important test if you are serious about law school so why take it without being 100% confident you are ready to do your best!

• strasvery-deletedstrasvery-deleted Free Trial Member
    161 karma
    Thank you for your replies. I think I am going to take Dec. then...actually this is kind of my last chance, if not I have to extend entering law school like...maybe 5 years later. I don't really wanna do that...
    Do you think taking Feb one is good? I know some school close application