Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live video of JY taking an LR part?

deki.mondeki.mon Alum Member
edited June 2014 in General 5 karma
I'm not sure if i'm just crazy and making stuff up in my head or not, but I swear I saw a link to a live video of JY (or maybe some other 7sage person) taking the LR part of the test. Am I just thinking about the live video of the LG? I know about that one, but I thought I saw a link to same thing for LR in the comments for one of the lessons... Any info, anyone?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    I believe it was one of his colleagues doing a live LG section (unless you saw another video that I am unaware of).
  • David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    edited June 2014 571 karma
    The only available videos of JY doing LR are included in the preptest 69 separate package. He includes a video of himself doing each individual problem. It is very cool and helpful, as he discusses his performance in the video explanations and talks about why for instance he spent so much time deciding between two answers on a difficult question.
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    Where can one find a link to this video? and can it be accessed if your membership has expired?
    571 karma
    You have to pay for preptest 69 separately. Well worth the cost, in my opinion.
    827 karma
    I just tried to buy it separately but it prompted me to buy the ultimate package, how do you get it so you only get the PT, as I do not want the entire bundle
    571 karma
    not sure, maybe send jy or alan an email
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    Is this something people would be interested in? I recorded a few of these a long time ago for my own personal use and to analyze my own test-taking style, but never bothered doing anything with them because I just never figured anyone would watch one. By and large they're very boring, since there's no talking or anything, but I can see how it might be helpful for someone to see how an advanced test-taker handles the test.

If this is something people would be interested in, what would you be looking for? I imagine you'd want to see the test itself, any marks I made on the page, possibly a timer? Perhaps there would need to be a separate commentary video? Commentary superimposed over the initial test-taking video? I have the ability to write on a test PDF on my computer screen and basically "take" a test that way, which disposes of the pencil/paper element but would allow for you to see every mark I make on the page and where my pencil is at all times; is that tradeoff worth it?
  • 7Sage Admin7Sage Admin Administrator
    298 karma
    You can get just PT69 here: http://7sage.com/addons
    edited June 2014 3658 karma
    @ Jonathan Wang: I'd prefer to see live videos of you parsing out complex conditional statements. Perhaps, parallel reasoning, parallel flawed reasoning, sufficient assumption, and pseudo sufficient assumption videos? Thanks!
    827 karma
    @Jonathan Wang: I would definitely be interested in watching it. To be honest, as boring as it may seem, I would love to see how someone with your expertise handles every aspect of the test. Like at what point do you "slow down" for harder questions, how you approach each question, the elimination process, etc. I find myself personally having a hard time going through each answer individually and crossing them out, for instance ill read A and decide to keep it until I read all the answer then start crossing them out at random almost. Just little things like that would be great to see how you handle things and see if I can find some areas to improve on myself (like the one stated above).
  • anne2hoanganne2hoang Free Trial Member
    226 karma
    @Johnathan. That would be pretty cool. Maybe subtitle it with the thoughts that go though your mind as you are attacking the questions?
  • mbaldwin01mbaldwin01 Free Trial Member
    14 karma
    I would be interested, especially if there were some "300" style music in the background.
  • The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
    283 karma
    Jonathan , that would be great, if you could make it similar to like J.Y. has done in the course for some of the LR explanations he provides, that would be great.
  • Steven CSteven C Free Trial Member
    38 karma
    Yeah, subtitles or a voice over option would make this even more useful!
    827 karma
    Whatever happened to this! I want the LIVE video :(
    edited August 2014 3658 karma
    I second this! Maybe you can also have a live video in addition to video commentary afterward -- like a director's cut.
  • polsckenpolscken Alum Member
    199 karma
    Jonathan,

I would love to see this too. Particularly a logic games section. I would prefer an over the shoulder camera shot to a on screen version of the test though.
    827 karma
    @polscken, I think there is a video out there already that is widely available with an instructor doing a live LG section.

Does anyone know where we can find the LG video? If so please post link or info...