Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips on how to organize new study schedule? Studying with 7Sage as supplement

dhnh1234dhnh1234 Core Member
in General 62 karma
Hi everyone! I'm planning on taking the LSAT for the first time this December, and really am hoping to make that my one shot. I have been studying on and off (but mostly on) since February, using The LSAT Trainer and the various Powerscore Bibles + Workbooks, and I took many, many practice tests as well without blind reviewing them. Obviously, I now know from 7Sage that I shouldn't have done the last part. So, I'm fully familiar with the various types of LR problems, and am pretty good on the types of games. 7Sage is supplementing my preexisting knowledge of the LSAT.

My question is, for those of you who studied a lot using other methods/materials and varying schedules before starting 7Sage, how did you adjust to the new schedule? Are there specific sections or methods that 7Sage does best that you'd recommend focusing on? I'm worried because I just started the 7Sage course and while the lessons are useful, I feel like I'm not going to make any progress if I just watch the videos, especially given that the test is not that far away. I also feel worried not doing full timed practice problem sets, which are obviously one of the best ways to improve.

I am thinking of studying with 7Sage videos on my weak areas (games, specific types of LR problems, etc.) and using the Manhattan LSAT to drill problems by type, in addition to taking 1-2 PTs a week. Is it okay if I just skim or even skip some of the lessons if I'm already fully confident with the material?

Help me out here. Thanks :)

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited September 2016 23929 karma
    @"i think you get the gist" said:
    s it okay if I just skim or even skip some of the lessons if I'm already fully confident with the material?
    I would highly recommend going through the CC in order and not skipping anything. I did Manhattan/Powerscore before starting the 7Sage course and BY FAR my improvements came when I began using 7Sage - even after feeling like I already knew the basics.

If you truly can't make time for it all, then I would suggest watching the intro videos, the lessons on conditional logic, valid and invalid arguments forms, and Logic games.

• ElroyHouseElroyHouse Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    Thanks for posting this.It will be really helpful
  • dhnh1234dhnh1234 Core Member
    62 karma
    @"Alex Divine" Thanks so much for your answer! Really helpful.