Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time count for Parallel Method of Reasoning

julsnet2julsnet2 Member
in General 72 karma
I was wondering how is recommended in terms of time to take on Parallel Method of ?s

Comments

• EmmaWI88EmmaWI88 Alum Member
    213 karma
    For me at least, rule of thumb is to skip them if they're overly long and then go back to them if I have time. But that's because I'm not as good at these questions so I'd rather not take time away from others I'd be more likely to get correct. But I think more than 2 to 3 minutes for one question is when you need to move on and come back to it if you have time.
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    @julsent2 Parallel Method questions usually involve easy to understand logic, and if you can the logic of the stimulus argument then you can be ruthless with answer choices and eliminate them quickly. I would say if you got your logic down and do not read very slowly, these questions should not normally take more than 90 seconds.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    It depends. Sometimes, these questions take 50 seconds (especially if the stimulus matches one of valid argument forms https://7sage.com/lesson/advanced-valid-forms-review/). Sometimes, they can take up to 3 minutes because the abstract form of the argument isn’t cookie cutter. Because of that variability, most students skip them on the first round unless they match those valid argument forms.