Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with improving score

tmd12tmd12 Alum Member
edited June 2014 in General 31 karma
Any general tips will help ! I have yet to see any improvements after studying a month

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Stay positive and work hard.
  • sun.10.shinesun.10.shine Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    Seconding the previous poster's comments. Also, what sections are you struggling with the most? It helped me to pinpoint one specific problem at a time and work on ways to address it. The 7Sage logic games videos are AMAZING. Once I discovered this site, I started a routine of doing the game on my own with a stopwatch running so I knew how much time it took me (but not stopping when "time was up"), watching the 7Sage video explanation for that game, and then doing the game again with the stopwatch and the 7Sage setup. If the game was a breeze, I considered the task done. If it was still complex or I thought more practice would be useful, I would set it aside to re-do (timed) in a week or so. Also, best LG advice I ever read was to learn one specific game type at a time and drill it until I understood it. Using this method in combination with the 7Sage videos, my LG raw score went up 8 points!
    I did not use any of the other prep materials from 7Sage, but I'm sure they are great as well.
    I hope that helps!
  • tmd12tmd12 Alum Member
    31 karma
    I have used the videos and loved them! I have logic games somewhat down just need timing improvements. I struggle most with LR and RC, I sometimes get it down to 2 answers then pick the wrong in LR then RC is just tough in general for me.
  • sun.10.shinesun.10.shine Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    Ah, okay. For RC I have heard that reading through dense articles in publications like Scientific American and the Economist can help. I know the feeling with LR! Whenever I got a question wrong on a PT I would try to write out an explanation to myself of why the correct answer was better than the one I chose. This is very helpful, but it doesn't quite cure the "down to two answers and keep choosing the wrong one" problem that I tend to have.
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    edited June 2014 827 karma
    @tmd12 I cannot help you much for RC as I am still struggling quite a bit myself. You say you have games "somewhat" down, that is certainly a good start. I can tell you that the more and more you do games, the easier they get and you will eventually end up being able to score -0 (or maybe a few mistakes) but it will likely become your best section.
    As far as LR goes, are you talking about struggling with 2 answers choices under timed conditions? Because if you are timing yourself, you may be struggling with 2 options and choosing the wrong one because of the pressure timing puts on you.
    If you are not timing yourself, then there is likely a deeper issue, in that you are not fully understanding the fundamentals of solving a problem. If this is the case, then you need to go back to the basics, and then try to do a bunch of questions (same type) to drill untimed until you get the fundamentals down pat. Then AND ONLY then should you begin trying to time yourself. This way you can differentiate between timing pressure causing mistakes and lack of knowledge, because if it is timing pressure then you know that all you need to do is practice relaxing and handling time management, considering you've already mastered the fundamentals and can solve nearly any question without time.

edit: http://7sage.com/lesson/the-blind-review-step-3-check-your-answers/?ss_completed_lesson=2676
    ^^visit that link as it explains everything I was saying in a superior way.