Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old LSAT Score Problems

GodlyOneGodlyOne Alum Member
in General 76 karma
I am re-taking the LSAT in December. I have a score from when I took the LSAT in Dec. 2011. I was wondering if there is a way where I can submit a "completed" application, lets say in November, WITHOUT my old LSAT score that is due to drop off in Dec. 2016. I understand law schools take the highest score, but I don't want the 2011 score to even show or come up. All your thoughts & recommendations would be appreciated!

Comments

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    edited October 2016 1501 karma
    I am going to guess - no, I believe the dates and 5 years are firm. Just wait until December to submit applications if you can and want the 2011 score to not be included. I believe it to be automatic that the LSAC CAS Report will include all scores of record. And given the 5 year rule, it's going to include that test, if a report is generated within 5 years.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    You can apply and request a hold until your December score comes back in January. They won't look/review your application until your new score comes in.

However, as @dytmom_3x stated, your score will remain on your record until it drops off.
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    690 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    However, as @dytmom_3x stated, your score will remain on your record until it drops off.

Wait so. Every time you take the LSAT and apply for a school they see all scores? Or just the most recent one?
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2016 23929 karma
    @TheLoftGuy said:
    Wait so. Every time you take the LSAT and apply for a school they see all scores? Or just the most recent one?
    They, in fact, see all scores for any LSAT you've taken in the last 5 years. However, many schools claim to consider only your highest. That said, I think top law schools tend to look more favorably on those with one high LSAT and no retakes. Namely, Yale and NYU who consider all of your LSAT scores.
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    690 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    They, in fact, see all scores for any LSAT you've taken in the last 5 years. However, many schools claim to consider only your highest. That said, I think top law schools tend look more favorably on those with one high LSAT and no retakes. Namely, Yale and NYU who consider all of your LSAT scores.

Than I believe that I fall right into this category. Because Sept was my first, only and last.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Well @theloftguy , I hope that is indeed the case and you got the score you worked hard for, but if not, you can always retake 2 more time!