Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

feeling super gray but need an advice..!

Rachel YoonRachel Yoon Member
edited October 2016 in General 173 karma
Hi all. My score came with 6~7 points lower than my usual range. (162)

Even, it was the same score I got from my 2nd take which was 3 years ago. :(
I don't know what to do or what went wrong and had a whole day feeling super gray.

I think I will try to overshoot for just one or two schools.
But would there be disadvantages for me to apply in later cycle? say, 2018? cause I think I will study for one more time, but I don't want to rush since that would be my 4th time. geez. So I am planning to get a job since I am about to graduate my grad school and then try to retake it next June.

Maybe I am overconfident but I believe I still have a hope for myself.

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Thank you in advance. I seriously hope someday I will post on 7sage thanking all the 7sagers
for making me finally have my 170+ ! :D

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Hmm... so you're saying you were generally scoring in the high-160s? If that's the case, I would shoot for whatever test you want most to take next, whether it be December, June, et cetera.

Unless you're deadset on a 170+, which I do not think is unreasonable, I don't see how December or February would be a bad bet, since you would hopefully increase your average a bit by then. You already underperformed relative to you average, and that alone is justification for taking the test again soon.

A 170+ is not out of reach for you, in all likelihood, but I imagine getting there would take you some time, and you probably wouldn't be ready until at least June. Again, if that's your ultimate goal - to get a 170+ - hold off for June. If you just want at or around your current averages, take in December or February.

Of course, if you plan to skip this cycle regardless in favor of the next, you would probably be better of waiting until June regardless.
  • Rachel YoonRachel Yoon Member
    edited October 2016 173 karma
    @danielznelson Thanks for your comment! yes, my average score was 168-169. A several times I hit 170+. BR avrg was 170~172. That's why I feel super gray... and I want to know what I did wrong but since Asia test is a non-disclosed one, so I don't know how I did. :(
    But I feel like when I am under pressure, my old habit comes out again since 162 was my last score from 2013. So I'm hesitant to retake on Dec... plus, bit worried about getting burned-out though it would be great to apply this year.

Thank you again for your advice :)
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Totally understand. Either way, you shouldn't give up if you're perfectly content waiting out another year. You have plenty of time to improve, and your real take is a dramatic underperformance.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @danielznelson said:
    Totally understand. Either way, you shouldn't give up if you're perfectly content waiting out another year. You have plenty of time to improve, and your real take is a dramatic underperformance.
    well said! I agree :D
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Don't give up! You can do this.
  • lsnnnnn0011lsnnnnn0011 Alum Member
    227 karma
    Hey you can do this. don't give up!!! Were you averaging 168 and hitting 170+ in the most recent tests (in the 70s) ?
  • R MirandaR Miranda Member
    41 karma
    Just apply.