Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips on studying for the comparative RC passage?

in General 109 karma
How have you guys prepped for that passage? I have gotten good at the harder passages but still manage to miss a few on the comparative passages. Tips? Thanks! Love 7sage and how helpful everyone here is.

Comments

• LSATakerLSATaker Free Trial Member
    250 karma
    Hi,

Can I Ask how you become good at harder passages? Sorry I did not answer your question, but RC really bothers me...:(
  • 109 karma
    Hi! I read the passage once to skim for structure and circle any words that indicate a shift in author or shift in point of view ( think words like "but", "yet", "although). Then I read the passage a second time for detail and I circle any authors or books or examples they could cite. Then I go to the questions. I usually do the detail questions first because it gives you a line reference. For line references I skim the entire paragraph but because I have read the passage twice, I have memorized where details are. Then i go to the tone questions and overall MSS questions. I usually end with the MP question. I hope this helps!! I would find a method that works for you and drill with that method for 8-10 RC passages and the next time you test, try it out and see how it goes.
  • LSATakerLSATaker Free Trial Member
    250 karma
    Thank you! Skimming seems nice...may wanna try it :)
    Those hard passages are really annoying...they can say the same thing in shorter sentences but they do not do so and put so many abstract ideas! hope after practicing RC I'll be good at reading other hard books etc too...