Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

difference between sufficient assumption Qs and Sufficient Qs

hongsophia009hongsophia009 Free Trial Member
in General 49 karma
Are their some rules or skills about how to tackle sufficient assumption Qs and Sufficient Qs,many thanks!!!

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    Yes, there are. The question is wide ranging. Beyond this posting, I would highly suggest consulting the curriculum and possibly purchasing a package from 7Sage. Details of all question types are covered in great detail in the curriculum.

As they stand, prior to getting to the answer choices, sufficient assumption questions are missing something. The reason that sufficient assumption questions took me so long to grasp is because what is provided in the stimulus is often disjointed, odd information that one rarely comes across in daily life. What is missing usually is a link between a premise and the conclusion that allows us to say that the conclusion flows from the premise: "follows logically."

So if I say to you:
    I'm feeling really cold, I must therefore have a fever. What is the sufficient assumption? What would allow us to get from the premise: "I'm feeling really cold" to "I have a fever"? You would have to say something like: "David feels really cold only if he has a fever." What does this do for us? If we assume that, it allows us to get from the premise to the conclusion.

That, in a nutshell is what you will be doing in sufficient assumption questions. My final piece of advice is to always always locate your conclusion.
  • hongsophia009hongsophia009 Free Trial Member
    49 karma
    Thank you so much!