Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About to begin PT Practice... Any suggestions?

DMo-UTexasDMo-UTexas Alum Member
edited June 2014 in General 25 karma
I am about to begin my PT practice. I would like to hear from my fellow 7Sagers and see what you think is the best way to approach my next level of LSAT prep. This is my plan thus far:
- Begin with taking 1 per week and focusing on Blind Review and weaknesses (for example, if I see that I am having trouble with Parallel Method of Reasoning, I will find some of these questions in older PT's and go back to 7Sage's lesson).

- As I progress, I will increase the number of PT's I take per week, but only up to 3 max.

Thank you for any suggestions you have to offer.

Comments

• vandyzachvandyzach Free Trial Member
    358 karma
    I like your plan alot.

Don't feel pressure to take more tests per week. If you're acing them, 3 a week (or whatever your maximum is) is fine. But every question you miss, you should be getting as much out of that miss as possible, however long this takes.

And on those misses- take it a step further- don't only see what you missed, but write or type out what you could have done if you had a time machine and could jump back and see this problem for the first time before (for me, this usually involves thinking about how I could have prephrased the answer better). Another example of this would be "I could have thought about the flaw in and LR question in a better way, and here is that way: 9and then I would type that out).

I LOVE the part about when you see that you are having trouble with a question type or concept, you plan to go back and do those problems from older tests. Doing this will hopefully allow you to actually make increases between groups of PTs, and maybe even increases between PTs themselves.

You plan sounds like it's pretty flexible, but I want to emphasize that as well. IF reviewing a PT takes waaaaay longer than you expect it to (which mine usually do), that's fine. Even if you haven't used all your PTs by test day, that's fine too because 1. You can retake and 2. Law school isn't going anywhere.

Overall, I like your plan alot, and I have been doing a PT plan very similar to yours with good results so far, even though I am just in the infant stages of my PT plan.

Good luck!
  • DMo-UTexasDMo-UTexas Alum Member
    25 karma
    Thank you, Zach. Best of luck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    310 karma
    main tip : the $$ is in the review. Proper review trumps everything. You can burn through as many PTs as you like, but the review is how you get better.
  • jschmi25jschmi25 Alum Member
    62 karma
    keep track of your progress, and not just how your score was but how you performed, did you -6 for RC on every test? Did you go -5 for LR, and were 3 of your wrong answers parallel flaw? This helps you not only see your improvement but also see where you are consistantley struggling to help you attack your weaknesses and truly improve.
  • selinaselina Alum Member
    73 karma
    Thanks guys! I will start PT at the end of this month and I appreciate these tips!