Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Context for Publications on Resume

davi2526davi2526 Alum Member
Hey 7sagers,

I apparently have lots of questions about my resume, so I'm going to keep turning to you all for advice (although I better get to actually submitting these apps real soon)!

I have a couple publications to list on my resume. Do I simply just list the titles and where they were published, or is it appropriate to add context?

For example, right now I just have:

Published non-fiction "Environmental Article Title" in Interesting Magazine - 08/16
Published short story "Best Story Ever" in Great Fiction Anthology - 07/15

Is it appropriate to sort of say what either of those were about? I'm interested in giving some context for the article since I wrote about nonprofits, community organizing, and I'm trying to do public interest law. However, from the sample resumes I've seen, it looks like everyone just writes the Title of the Publication, where it was published in, and the date of publication.

Comments

• SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    I would do the publication format. One of the T5 deans said at an informational session for people that have publications, it is worth it to get someone to evaluate your work (who is in the same field) about the strength/merit of your work. You can have that person submit the evaluation directly to the school.

HTH!!