2 weeks left - little help/tips pls

drviperdrviper Free Trial Member
Hi all, hope your studies are going well.

Just looking for some tips. I only started studying 2 weeks ago :|
I completed a 1000pg book-LG and a 1000pg book-LR that's it. Also reading The Economist out loud for exercise. I recommend it, some dense articles - different subjects tech/med/politics/economics etc. I performed my first PT 72 and got 140 last week Of course I was only able to complete 1/3 of the questons in allotted time the rest all D's.

- My plan is -

LR
Focus on the question type and practice speed

LG
Practice realizing all available deductions and realizing shortcuts to answer questions, increase speed through repetition and teach my parents different game types over and over and over and over ....

RC
Practice actual PT RC sections, untimed, however speed up constantly until can complete them near 8-9 mins each.

I have another 10 PT to complete 62-71, my plan is to do 5-10 within next two weeks.

My goal is 160.

Any tips or suggestions would really help out.

Best of luck to you. :)

Comments

• Wind-Up BirdWind-Up Bird Alum Member
    284 karma
    Just looking for some tips. I only started studying 2 weeks ago :|. I performed my first PT 72 and got 140
    Brutal honesty incoming.

I'll be the first to say that, if you sincerely want to achieve a 160, you should reschedule your LSAT for when you're actually prepared to write it. You are not going to magically make a 20 point jump to achieve a 160 when you've only been studying for 2 weeks and have 2 weeks remaining.
    I have another 10 PT to complete 62-71, my plan is to do 5-10 within next two weeks
    STOP STOP STOP. DO NOT WASTE ANY MORE PREPTESTS LIKE THIS. Your PTs are highly precious study materials. If you don't have a solid foundation of skills that you need to write the LSAT, you're simply going to throw PTs away by writing them.

Sign up for a Starter course on 7Sage and acquire the skill-set you need to conquer the LSAT. Please take the time, whether it be 6 months, a year, or however long you need to truly master this test. Aside from your personal statement, this is your last obstacle to law school! Don't rush it!
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Member
    53 karma
    Take it from me. I got a 143 first PT I took (completely cold, I had no idea what the LSAT even was). I was still undecided about law school at the time and thought, "well, what the heck, I'll take it and see what happens". Turns out after studying for a month with a kaplan program I got a 153. Now I know we all make mistakes and schools admit multiple scores, but let me assure you every take counts. I really regret having that score on my record, it's been nothing but trouble for me. Do not make the same mistake as me.

And please don't waste PTs like that! We use a process called "blind review" which is really where the gains are made on test scores. If you blow through Preptest after Preptest without actually learning from your mistakes, you might as well be studying an entirely different test altogether! As one admin on here has reminded me, LSAT miracles DO NOT HAPPEN.

IF you really want a 160, get a starter course here and take 20+ PTs only after you've done the core curriculum. Ideally you want the last 10 to be well within your scoring range (at or above 160).
    I know it sounds pretty biased since this is a 7sage forum, but this really is the best course you can get so long as you're self-motivated and put in the effort.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Wind-Up Bird" said:
    Just looking for some tips. I only started studying 2 weeks ago :|. I performed my first PT 72 and got 140
    Brutal honesty incoming.

I'll be the first to say that, if you sincerely want to achieve a 160, you should reschedule your LSAT for when you're actually prepared to write it. You are not going to magically make a 20 point jump to achieve a 160 when you've only been studying for 2 weeks and have 2 weeks remaining.
    I have another 10 PT to complete 62-71, my plan is to do 5-10 within next two weeks
    STOP STOP STOP. DO NOT WASTE ANY MORE PREPTESTS LIKE THIS. Your PTs are highly precious study materials. If you don't have a solid foundation of skills that you need to write the LSAT, you're simply going to throw PTs away by writing them.

Sign up for a Starter course on 7Sage and acquire the skill-set you need to conquer the LSAT. Please take the time, whether it be 6 months, a year, or however long you need to truly master this test. Aside from your personal statement, this is your last obstacle to law school! Don't rush it!

I 100% agree with WindupBird here.

Not much else to add... Presumably you haven't done the last 28 or so PTs which is good; that means you have plenty of fresh material for when you are prepared to begin PT'ing. Right now I would find a way to learn the fundamentals and use problem sets or drilling material (Old tests) to learn and master the basics.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @drviper said:
    I only started studying 2 weeks ago :|
    My one and only tip: DO NOT TAKE THE DECEMBER 2016 LSAT EXAM! Even the people who swear by mastering the LSAT in so little time would advise against this. The hard truth is that you will get a score very similar to your diagnostic and that's nothing to be ashamed of, barley anyone 2 weeks into prep makes significant score improvements. Do yourself a favor, take more time to prep :)