Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! Logical Reasoning

in General 19 karma
I keep doing poorly on the logical reasoning section, especially with weakening questions. What should I do this week to try and help my score? I did really well with the problem sets during the course so I can't figure out why I can't get them right when doing timed practice tests. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Weaken (and strengthen) questions are the hardest questions there is. Skip 'em when you start feeling bogged down, then come back at the end. If you can't crack it open then, at least it didn't cost you any further points by becoming a time sink.
  • 19 karma
    That is great to know. I thought they were supposed to be easy for most people so I was feeling really discouraged. Thanks so much!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Not easy at all; you are in good company if that is your weakest question type! They are the worst!
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    @briannadelduca said:
    I did really well with the problem sets during the course so I can't figure out why I can't get them right when doing timed practice tests. Any ideas?
    Hey, so I think the answer varies with how efficient your strategies are vs how much you understand the concept.

If the answer is that you do understand the the stimulus but you get them wrong under timed conditions, it maybe be because your strategy to get to the right answer is not the most efficient. For example, in the beginning I was slow at first and took a while to realize what was wrong with the stimulus. But with more practice I started seeing patterns and just got faster.

It could also be the case that for some of them you don't understand the stimulus. At this point, I would break down the stimulus, premise and conclusion. Write out my reasoning. Go through each answer choice, write down why each answer choice is wrong vs right. Watch JY's video for that question and see where you differed in thinking about the question. You can also always post on the discussion board.

I think the best thing to realize is that LSAT is new and it takes time to understand and get efficient in everything. Have patience and faith in the process. Blind Review really really well. See if you can spot patterns in different stimulus despite them being different question type. * I feel like most of the gains are made here.

• 19 karma
    Thanks so much for the advice! I really appreciate it.