Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Okay to move on but keep coming back to LG?

in General 103 karma
Hey y'all! So I'm retaking in September of 2017. The last time I took in December 2015. I've been studying since Augustus of 2016. Back then, I really should not have tested as I was weak in all three sections. Now, LG I want to take slowly as I master them. However, I really think I'm getting a bit too far behind since I been doing and redoing the LG intro lessons again and again for like two to three weeks now. I was wondering if it would be ok if I moved on in the curriculum for the LR and RC sections and just kept coming back to the lg lessons, basically moving a lot slower on just LG? Or is there intention in the way the curriculum was scheduled and I should just stick to it no matter how long it takes for me to get LG? I know that the fundamental concepts behind each section is the same so I should really be alright no matter which way I go, but I'm also a full time teacher so it's getting harder and harder to schedule time to study and I don't want to fall so behind that I don't even get to the other LR types and RC practices.

Also fir what it's worth from advice on this board I went ahead and purchased the lsat trainer! I'm hoping to start working through that to complement 7Sage soon!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• jaybee88jaybee88 Alum Member
    165 karma
    Hi,

You're asking if you can move around the core curriculum? I didn't attempt as much, but I believe the order of the LR sections is intentional. You probably wouldn't want to start LG until you have a good basic understanding of logic. I think it's okay to be doing part of the LG section while continuing through the others but only if you have a good lawgic foundation. That being said make sure you don't procrastinate on LG... going through the cc was the first time I ever experienced the games and they were hard AF... even simple sequencing games. But with continuous practice and the review method you can and will improve.

Hope this helps. Feel free to message back if needed :)

Best of luck with studying
  • 103 karma
    Thank you!!! I realized what I said was quite confusing, but yes. I want to move onto the different LR/RC cc lessons while taking my time on LG. Omg LG are so hard to me, even the simple sequencing games :( but yeah trying to just take my time with it so that I can really work quickly through games, I just don't want to be so behind on LR/RC as well
  • jaybee88jaybee88 Alum Member
    165 karma
    That makes sense to me. No use losing progress in other areas because you have taken too long of a break from them. But again I cant stress enough OR PROMISE YOU ENOUGH that if you keep trucking through the LG curriculum and diligently follow the review rules you WILL improve. It took me so effing long I almost didn't believe it, but then it happened.

Hang in there.
  • S.P. 170S.P. 170 Alum Member
    188 karma
    I did 7sage lessons in almost a random order. It's usually better to go in the order that JY recommends, BUT, you'll notice that JY often says, "For this lesson, it's critical that you have done the lesson on Invalid Argument Forms, so if you haven't done so, go back and do that first."

Generally the lessons keep you on track and make sure you're not missing the fundamentals.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    I think it's fine to move on. You are not going to master LG from the curriculum. You are going to master LG from building experience through drills, the fool proofing process, and returning to the curriculum time and time again. For that matter, there's going to be tons of material on each section you don't master your first time through the curriculum. That's just the process. Once you finish and start taking PTs, your PTs will tell you very clearly what you have not fully understood. From there, you'll return to those areas and reinforce before taking another PT.
  • 103 karma
    Thank you all!!