Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone else felt this way?

JackieMP40JackieMP40 Free Trial Member
in General 10 karma
Probably not a great time to post this considering everyone just wrote the LSAT but I just started studying (have been using the bibles) and I'm really just .. overwhelmed. LR really isn't too bad for me at all luckily. I'm certainly no master yet but it doesn't seem like a different language and I feel like that's a section I have a lot of potential in! BUT LG is literally breaking my heart </3. I just started looking over that and it's just another language from another planet. Like how do I do all this diagramining and stuff in such a short period of time?!? I am being dramatic because I just started but as of right now, if I wrote a "cold" diagnostic (which it would be because I haven't learned anything yet really, just getting framiliar with the test) I don't think I would get a single LG right that wasn't a guess!! I need to score a 155-160 to get into my first choice which is UOttawa. I'm a fourth year student and I was going to write in September but like idk if that will even be a possibility. This test is crazy and I'm feeling really deflated because it's like ... where do I even start learning how to do these LG's in like 7 minutes each when I can't even look at them without wanting to throw up

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    Hi :)

So good news, this is completely normal. Bad news, there is none ;) And I really mean that. If you follow 7 sages logic game curriculum and practice, you will be ready by September.

I know this feels overwhelming but it feels this way because it's all new. Once you start working through the core curriculum, learning inferences, it will start being easier and more manageable and dare I say fun. ❤️

So just relax, and work through the curriculum and problem sets and pretty soon logic game will probably become your favorite section. ❤️❤️
  • TheDesertGrandfatherTheDesertGrandfather Free Trial Member
    116 karma
    You're in luck, the MP40 is my favourite gun from COD so i'll give you an answer here.

Kidding <3. Seems like you'll end up doing great MP40. You're clearly passionate about it and I think that is very important when one undertakes a challenge like the LSAT. Personally, I have not yet written the real thing under test conditions, but from what I read on this forum, I think you'll certainly be able to improve significant amounts in the comings months.

Also, you used the foreign language metaphor. I know it was not intended to be 100% serious, but perhaps it isn't so far off? If you have never been to Italy, how in the world would you be able to speak fluent Italian? Well, you straight up couldn't. But, you'd learn!! Maybe you wouldn't learn as fast as other people, or maybe you would learn much faster. Who knows, but I think the language of the LSAT will be just like this :)
  • hufflepuffhufflepuff Free Trial Member
    70 karma
    Good news too is that UOttawa is super GPA-focused so hopefully that takes some of the pressure off if yours is strong!
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Ah, LG-shock (is that a term? If not, I'm coining it). We've all experienced it! If you aren't familiar with formal logic, and most people aren't, the LG section may as well be written in a foreign language.
    The good news is, many people are able to master that section in a relatively short period of time. I've seen tons of people here go from -20 to -0 /-2 in only a few months. One thing to remember is that LGs are somewhat like math problems. Once you learn the rules, diagrams, boards, etc. they become incredibly simply. Watch some of the intro to LG lessons here. Those should put your mind at ease.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    I started with the bibles too and tbh, I was still pretty lost after working through the entire thing. I found it to be a pretty weak curriculum, so I'd recommend finding something else. 7Sage is hard to beat, but for me, pretty much anything other than the bibles would have been better.