Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difference between older and more recent LSAT tests? More/less difficult?

cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
in General 737 karma
Hey again everyone!

I was wondering what the biggest difference was between older and newer/more recent PT's? Which are more difficult? Are there certain sections that are considerably different? I have pretty much decided to postpone the February LSAT once again, but I really think I should be ready to go by June.

Any tips or suggestions would be gladly accepted, thank you all!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2016 23929 karma
    @cgracia12 said:
    I was wondering what the biggest difference was between older and newer/more recent PT's? Which are more difficult? Are there certain sections that are considerably different? I have pretty much decided to postpone the February LSAT once again, but I really think I should be ready to go by June.

Any tips or suggestions would be gladly accepted, thank you all!
    On the more recent tests there seems to be at least one "weird" LG appearing. Games unlike anything we are used to. Some say they are similar to the odd games in the first 20 PTs or so. I don't think the newer games are actually harder though, but rather harder for people who are only used to the usual games.

RC has become a bit harder in that the questions themselves are more like LR questions.

LR questions are longer and can be a bit more challenging too because they're using less formal logic and more complex grammar forms and/or extremely subtly wrong trap answer choices. (I think this also applies for RC as well)

I don't know if I would classify the differences as considerable, but they certainly are there.
    The good news is most people experience an initial score drop, but then ultimately go on to do just as well on the newer tests.

So my advice would just be to make sure you do enough of the new tests that you're comfortable with them. Also, check out older games from the earliest PTs. 1-35 has a bunch of oddballs that are becoming relevant again.

HTH

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma
    Thanks a lot for the advice man, I am set to take PT 37 tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. Thanks again!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @cgracia12 said:
    Thanks a lot for the advice man, I am set to take PT 37 tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. Thanks again!
    No problem! Good Luck :)