Proctor App - Distractions/Backgrounds - What settings do you use?

SherryS1SherryS1 Member
in General 477 karma
I love the proctor app! I generally opt for relatively high background noise and distraction settings (7 out of 10). I don't mind the distractions at 10 but the grainy, white background noise at 10 drives me crazy. It sounds so unnatural.

Is it fair to say I'm fine PTing at 7? There are other natural distractions around - people, TV, the lawn mower, my cat.

What setting do you use?

Folks who already have taken the test, how did the settings match up with test day?

Comments

• camcam Alum Member
    349 karma
    I tend to run the app with background on 2-4, and then distractions 0-3. I do at least half of my practice tests in the lounge at work (during off hours), so there is always other ambient background noise. When I test at home, I increase the level of background and distractions.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    I think it's great that you're PTing in a condition that isn't dead silence. Only God knows what we'll experience during test day lol, Can't Get Right said something about a girl having hiccups during the test haha.
  • SherryS1SherryS1 Member
    477 karma
    @cam So good that you're doing at least half of them in a more unpredictable setting! I'm going to force myself to take at least a few outside of my house.

@montaha.rizeq I've really got my fingers crossed that no one with hiccups is in my test :) I feel like the constant yawning on the app has to count for something though!