Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I Write an Addendum? (lower score this time around)

cargeo77cargeo77 Free Trial Member
in General 10 karma
I am a little bummed out after receiving my December LSAT score. I got a 158 in September and a 154 in December (I was really looking foward to scoring a 160 or above; not sure what happened). So, I have two questions: how badly do you think this will effect my chances in getting into top tier law schools and scholarship opportunities? Do you think this drop requires an addendum?

I am an URM, if this helps.

Would love to hear some feedback.

Comments

• iiiSpooniiiSpoon Alum Inactive ⭐
    277 karma
    Depending on the school, many care only about results. I believe for Yale, you could be scoring all over the place, going from 160 to 145 to 167 to 158 and finally 179; in the end, they take your highest into consideration. If you're looking at a school that averages out your LSAT, so a 140 and 180=160, such as Harvard, then it's best you have an addendum.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    I don't think admissions officers would be thrown off by a score four points below another one. Not only do I think that an addendum isn't necessary, I don't think it would be in your best interest to write one. If there even is any effect from scoring lower, it'd be negligible. I... don't really think it's going to cost you anything.