"One sees GREAT things from the valleys" - Gilbert Chesterson

TortsillustratedTortsillustrated Alum Member
edited January 2018 in General 80 karma

First off I am so excited to be joining such a wonderful community! The positivity, I have already seen is so uplifting.

For the past few weeks, I have been in the valley of the LSAT. We all have peaks and from those we can definitely find glimmers of hope on the horizon, but I believe no more than when in the Valley! My LSAT journey so far has been abysmal and utterly disgusting. After graduating with a a degree in education and teaching the young minds of elementary aged children, I left the wonderful profession in May to dive head first into the massive ROADBLOCK called the LSAT. After taking a Kaplan Course and PTING consistently in the 158-161 range I thought man I am going to rock the LSAT and Hey Sweetheart, were moving to X place to go to X law school, pack up your bags and let's begin this new journey! Little did I know December would come and I would put out my worst score ever...lower that my Diagnostic a HORRIFIC AND TERRIFYING..........141. I was absolutely shocked and astonished, I remember spending hours contemplating the idiotic decision to leave a career that I was finding success and accolades come my way. But here I am...not at a pizza buffet like I have been for the past few months! I fell off the peak into the valley only to learn how I desire to see this piece and part of my life to be marked with a stamp of personal triumph and perseverance.

With the sob story behind, really...so sorry! I had to let it out finally! To those of you feeling discouraged please know that you are not alone, we see many a triumphs here and all around us. We all have the capability to find success in our endeavors, regardless of what this BEAST of a test spits out at us. To those of you beginning the journey or continuing the LSAT journey we truly have this! To those leaving this journey for your acceptance letters and plans of where and what next, I salute your dedication and hard work to slay the BEAST you are our inspiration!

Let's finish the race strong!
https://media.giphy.com/media/26tPrj21W9DYMB2dW/giphy.gif

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I won’t be leaving :) I got past the test, and it’s my turn to look back and help others! Ask for help and this community will always give you the answers you need! Welcome to 7Sage, your LSAT journey might be rough, but you’ll beat the stupid test. If I can do it, anyone can!

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

So well written. Welcome aboard. I think you're going to fit in well here. Keep moving forward!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Welcome to the community!!

You've come to the right place, my friend. You'll be sure to fit right in @Tortsillustrated (p.s. love the name)