Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone's experience with using three watches?

caitbayleycaitbayley Member
edited January 2015 in General 6 karma
I bought three watches after reading JY's post about keeping time. However, I just read the comments below where someone said they e-mailed LSAC about it and were told it is not allowed. I've heard a couple people's experiences and both were positive. Just wondering if anyone has encountered any problems when trying to use three watches?

Comments

• bonjoursmbonjoursm Alum Member
    181 karma
    Just curious, what's the reason behind using three watches?
  • caitbayleycaitbayley Member
    6 karma
    JY talks about it here:
    http://7sage.com/lesson/keep-time/

The idea is that you don't have to worry about fumbling with your watch and resetting it. You just push go when the proctor says start. Also resetting it each section makes it difficult to get the second hand in sync with your time because you only have seconds to reset your watch. Having three watches preset makes it so your time is to a tee.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Honestly, I used one watch during my exam and it was fine. Just start using the watch early so you have a good handle of working it before going into the exam. Three watches might be a bit messy, in my opinion.
  • Erika123Erika123 Member
    233 karma
    I went to an LSAC event last fall and they said you can’t bring 3 watches.
  • bonjoursmbonjoursm Alum Member
    181 karma
    I used one watch, and had no troubles. Also, the proctor gave us one minute warnings
  • danballinger5danballinger5 Alum Member
    198 karma
    I used 3 watches. They were laid out in plain view during the entire testing process. There is nothing in the rules stating you cannot use more than one watch. I even called LSAC before I took the test and was told that 3 watches were fine.

Make sure you don't bring in a watch that ticks loudly. It WILL distract you and others around you.
  • caitbayleycaitbayley Member
    6 karma
    Out of curiosity, I called LSAC just now to ask. The lady started off by saying "I don't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to" but says she'll go check to be sure. After a few extra minutes on hold she comes back and tells me that I'm only allowed to have one analog watch. It seems like it's something LSAC can't just come to one consensus on.
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    I had two watches with me, though I only used one (the other was a backup in case of battery failure). I used one with a rotating bezel which made timing incredibly easy. Rotating the bezel is 100 times easier than resetting the hands. I really recommend this method!

This is the exact watch: http://goo.gl/PKDFCu
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    @AllisonM Holy cow...I didn't even think about a backup. I had one and it worked fine, but wow...thinking back, I guess I was lucky. I used that watch for 10 months before the test and never changed the battery.

Great idea!
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    I also had the battery of my watches changed right before the test. You could say that I was a bit paranoid...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    578 karma
    Honestly I would hate to have someone with 3 watches on the table sitting next to me, especially if it's one big shared table like in most law schools...it's a distraction to those around you and messy. Just use one watch. If you can read an lsat question in 2 seconds, you can reset your watch in 15 seconds (the break you get between each section except 4 & 5).
  • shane.mcglashenshane.mcglashen Alum Member
    edited January 2015 194 karma
    I bought the LSAT 180 watch against my better judgement and really like it. I am aware its over priced/poorly made et cetera but it has solidly done the trick, easy to use, second hand moves only every two seconds so when you glance its at a stand still (I know.. im lame) and am happy I bought it. Just sayyyiin!

I am also a very anxious person, and while it may not seem like much I like just pressing one button and not having to worry about it