Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sending an 'addendum' type email to admissions office after underperforming during a kira interview

ppcoelho1ppcoelho1 Alum Member

I just did my kira interview for UT and cornell and I feel like a fell short on the video questions. I was wondering if sending a thank you for the opportunity/I could do better email would be a bad idea?

Comments

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Live Member
    5249 karma

Thanking them is definitely a good idea and you might want to say simply that you're adding in some more comments. Don't worry that you may have fallen short in the live video. The email is probably what's going to last longer.

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

I would send a thank you. I would not send an "addendum" unless something had actually happened, not just underperformance. Trust me, your interview is not the worst they'll ever see; hell, I'd bed it's not the worst they'll see today. Breathe, send a thank you, and let what happens happen

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Intuition tells me that you may be overreacting. I heard of applicants who thought they bombed their Gtown interview only to receive an acceptance later.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@ppcoelho1 said:
    I just did my kira interview for UT and cornell and I feel like a fell short on the video questions. I was wondering if sending a thank you for the opportunity/I could do better email would be a bad idea?

I don't think it's a wise idea to send an addendum or email saying you could do better. Just try to relax, I'm sure you did better than you think you did.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Make it a simple thankyou for the opportunity. Don't worsen any damage by sending an unnecessarily awkward explanation email.

It probably isn't as bad as you think. These things are awkward by nature and they may see any stress you exhibit as an indication of your interest.

• ppcoelho1ppcoelho1 Alum Member
    edited January 2018 156 karma

Thank you @"Alex Divine" @"Seeking Perfection" @westcoastbestcoast. I got into Cornell!!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@ppcoelho1 said:
    Thank you @"Alex Divine" @"Seeking Perfection" @westcoastbestcoast. I got into Cornell!!

Congrats man! Definitely one of my top choices. Maybe I'll be seeing you there in a couple years :)

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Congratulations!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@ppcoelho1 Congrats! Im glad i was right :)