LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
edited February 2018 in General 1028 karma

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

I think you are ready for it now. The ideal time to take it is when you have scored your goal score in regular PT's consistently. So the only thing that's a factor is can you consistently score in high 170's during timed PT's? Can you make your PT average increase from a 174? If not, then maybe delay till June. If you can increase your average to a 176 then take it in Feb.

My average was a 170 going in September and a 173 going in December. I scored a 164 and a 169 respectively. My hope is to also increase my average before Feb and to make sure to find ways to not drop how I take the test under real time. So although I did not score my dream score, I do believe it was the right call to take the test both times as I had been scoring my goal score in practice tests.

I think your application will be stronger if you have a higher score but I do believe you can score higher in February if you can improve your average from 174 to 176. Another thing to take into account is how many fresh PT's you have left to practice till June. You don't want to get rusty if you don't have a lot of fresh takes left.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

If you're willing to reapply/retake for next cycle, I agree with Sami that you seem ready and should shoot for February.

What were your PT ranges going into your last take? I know you say your average was a 174 but just curious about the ranges of your scores.

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    1028 karma

@Sami Thanks for the encouragement. Good luck on your third attempt!

@"Alex Divine" The range for my 10 most recent PTs before December was 170-179. 175 was my mode score (x3).

I averaged - 3 LR (combined), - 3 LG, - 2 RC on those.

Actual was - 9 LR (WTF? My worst ever haha), - 8 LG, - 3 RC.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@BagelBiter said:
    @Sami Thanks for the encouragement. Good luck on your third attempt!

@"Alex Divine" The range for my 10 most recent PTs before December was 170-179. 175 was my mode score (x3).

I averaged - 3 LR (combined), - 3 LG, - 2 RC on those.

Actual was - 9 LR (WTF? My worst ever haha), - 8 LG, - 3 RC.

Awesome. Yeah, I think you seem to be ready! Best of luck whenever you decide to take :)