Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I’ve been BR’ing LGs since around Xmas and haven’t taken a break and I think I’ve burnt out??

_oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
edited January 2018 in Logic Games 3652 karma

So I’ve been spending 3-4hrs BR’ing LGs using Pacifico’s method every night after my 8-5 job on weekdays and then 3-4 hours on Saturday and Sunday as well. I’ll work on one new game and then repeat a game from the day before and a game from the week before. I’ve only taken one day off. I’ve made it to LG 25 and i’ve improved a lot.
I’ve been fighting this flu for the past few days and it’s making me a lot slower at LGs. I’m struggling on games that were a breeze for me even on my first take. I’m still getting all the q’s right and not brute forcing my way thru it, I’m just a few min slower.
Would it be better to take a few days off and come back to it? or is it better to keep going and not stop practicing?

Comments

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    edited January 2018 3521 karma

Take.
    Time.
    Off.

You have the friggen' flu. Listen to your body!

Even if you didn't have the flu, if you are feeling burnt out you should take a day off. As someone who personally thought they could "brute force" their way through burnout and FAILED, I'll tell you that a few days away from the LSAT actually IMPROVES your LSAT performance.

It may sound weird since an LSAT-vacation is a "passive" activity, but it could really be ACTIVELY improving your LSAT score.

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

Sounds like you definitely need a break. I say as long as your break doesn't turn into a month long study hiatus, you deserve at least a couple days off. Let your brain and body rest. Be well!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Take some time to recover. Flu recovery first, then back to LSAT. We'll be here looking forward to hearing you're feeling better.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2018 23929 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    So I’ve been spending 3-4hrs BR’ing LGs using Pacifico’s method every night after my 8-5 job on weekdays and then 3-4 hours on Saturday and Sunday as well. I’ll work on one new game and then repeat a game from the day before and a game from the week before. I’ve only taken one day off. I’ve made it to LG 25 and i’ve improved a lot.
    I’ve been fighting this flu for the past few days and it’s making me a lot slower at LGs. I’m struggling on games that were a breeze for me even on my first take. I’m still getting all the q’s right and not brute forcing my way thru it, I’m just a few min slower.
    Would it be better to take a few days off and come back to it? or is it better to keep going and not stop practicing?

My greatest LG improvements have always come after taking breaks. Take at least a few days or even a week off from games. You'll be refreshed and ready to go when you get back. All the knowledge you've gained throughout the month FP'ing needs time to ingrain itself into your brain.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Absolutely take minimum 3-4 days off. Let that virus get out of your body and give your brain a break!

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Thanks y’all I just needed someone to tell me I can take a break !!

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@"surfy surf" def take the break. You're probably letting your performance now discourage you but it's not truly an accurate gauge because you're not 100%. Take a few days off. I wouldn't be surprised if you see great improvement when you come back. I always see great improvement after a break.

• beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member
    555 karma

I was in the same position as you!! I was FPing LG's a ton and I was burning out. Wasn't seeing the immediate gratification of improved scores. Took a 3 week break. First set of new games I did I made significantly fewer mistakes AND I was able to finish the whole section in time for the first time. Takes some time for the info and studying to sink in and the break def helps.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Maybe watch a movie with a legal theme.