Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deferred for consideration through our regular decision process

RRH1616_RRH1616_ Alum Member

Hi everyone,

I just received notification from Emory stating that my application has been deferred for consideration through the regular decision process. The email was very concise and did not include information on how to update or add to my application. It's also too late for me to take the February LSAT. Any recommendations on how best to proceed?

Thank you!!!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

You can always sign up for the June take if you think you can improve your LSAT.

Do you have any relevant info to add to your app? A new work position, awards, etc.?

• SerenityFalconSerenityFalcon Alum Member
    edited January 2018 86 karma

Check with Emory's online status checker and admissions website for relevance of this, as I'm not an Emory applicant:

Most of my schools say to simply email the admissions office (or even call) if I have anything to add to my application or any questions about the review process-- and they said this by email when confirming receipt of my application.

Best of luck!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

If you don't have any of the things mentioned by @alex Divine" then you can always just write a letter of continued interest explaining why you still really want to go there. This will reassure them that you haven't selected another school and are still very likely to go if they eventually admit you.