Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re-do CC or target specific weaknesses?

bobbyrengifobobbyrengifo Alum Member
in General 37 karma

I completed the CC about a year ago and I took a while off due to some military obligations and now I'm gearing towards taking the June LSAT. I've begun to fool proof the LG and am wondering what should I do to improve RC and LR? Do I do the CC again or should I focus on the questions types I struggle with?

My diagnostic test was a 144, I've improved to a 156 but that is doing the test untimed. I average -12 LR -12 RC and -11LG. I'm seeing some improvement so far by fool proofing the LG but don't want to neglect the other sections that I also need to improve dramatically on.

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@bobbyrengifo it won't hurt to revisit the curriculum. Maybe take a timed test to see where you are. You can then BR and address the question types you missed and return to the cc as needed.

• 193 karma

Review CC. I would focus on weaknesses once you start hitting in the 160s on timed PT. That way you know you have some stuff under your belt. I only go back and review CC stuff I don't normally miss after taking timed PT. I review weakly the stuff I have issues with. One week for Necessary Assumption, one week for Strengthen, and so on. I'll alternate it out with RC. I don't have issues with LG, but I'll still play games every now and then when I'm feeling like I need a bit of positive reinforcement.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I'd actually just go back through the CC in its entirety. Especially if it's been a year and you're scoring below a 160. Feel free to skip over the parts you feel like you have a good grasp on and slow down for the places where you need more work. Overall though, if you're scoring below a 160, I think there's still a lot to take away from the CC.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

To echo what everyone else said, I would suggest going through the core curriculum again. I took a 6-month break due to some obligations and re-started from the very beginning and found this process extremely helpful since I was able to unlearn bad habits and revisit everything with a fresh mind. Especially things that I didn't even realize I was weak on like the fundamentals.

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

I did the LSAT Trainer after CC and it was helpful. In 7sage, The Grammar curriculum, the Valid and Invalid arguments and since it was a weakness for me all the assumption lessons should be looked at as many times as you can. The Trainer will make you a beast with flaws.

NAMASTE

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Review the CC, and keep practicing the skills that are taught in it. Compared to other LSAT courses and materials, I found that 7sage materials provide coursework on more foundational skills like being able to parse through the complex grammar one would find in the LSAT.