Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foolproof Tracking/Organization Method

jzzravenjzzraven Alum Member
in Logic Games 140 karma

Anyone have any suggestions as to the best way of tracking foolproofing?

Just starting out, but want a system in place before I do. I don't want to realize half way through that I should have kept track of something I hadn't previously considered, so would greatly appreciate input or suggestions of indicators from anyone who has gone this path before me. If I make a spreadsheet, listing each game (i.e. "PT 36, Game 1"), then what should I record to measure progress, and to make sure no games slip through the cracks? Time? Number correct? Date completed? All of the above?

Thanks!

Comments

• plspeerplspeer Member
    edited January 2018 58 karma

A user named Pacifico created a spreadsheet to track foolproofing for PT 1-35, and user Not Ralph Nader uploaded it to DropBox. You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9rdnxphn55ax0k/Logic Games Bundle Tracker.xlsx?dl=0

I use that tracker, but I've added columns for section time and section incorrect total. I like to foolproof an entire section at a time, and it really helps me to see whether I'm hitting under 35 minutes total and get a feel for average number missed per section.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Someone else also mentioned that they printed out one copy of the games, put it in a clear plastic thingy and used a dry-erase marker. I haven't tried this method so not sure how great it is - but can save lots of paper and ink if it works.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2018 23929 karma

@jzzraven All of the above, haha.

If you shoot me a PM, I can send you an Excel spreadsheet I made that tracks all games, PTs 1-83.

• jzzravenjzzraven Alum Member
    140 karma

@plspeer @LCMama2017 @"Alex Divine" Thank you all - very very helpful!!

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

I used folders and text files to keep track of it. I personally don’t like the view presented by a spreadsheet

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

If you shoot me a PM, I can send you an Excel spreadsheet I made that tracks all games, PTs 1-83.

@"Alex Divine" , would it be possible for me to get a copy of this too? I'm pleased to say that I've begun FPing the games.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I write myself a note and put things at the top like "FLAG" or "I got this wrong." Then I write feedback and focus on the honest truth.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"paulmv.benthem" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"Alex Divine" , would it be possible for me to get a copy of this too? I'm pleased to say that I've begun FPing the games.

sure man just PM me and I'll email it to you.