We've heard about pre-test rituals--what are your post-test ones? :)

kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member

Personally, on Sunday I'm going to go chop off my hair! I haven't cut my hair in like 5 years, so I'm gonna go to a salon, get a nice shampoo, and then chop off all the stress from the past 6 months of studying. It sounds drastic, but it was either this or a tattoo!

What about y'all?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Sleep. Curl up into a little ball and knock out for 16 hours. Nothing sounds better than that to me lol

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Probably text all my friends to find out what's been going on in their lives the past month that I haven't been speaking to them lol.

• Los Pollos HermanosLos Pollos Hermanos Alum Member
    111 karma

30 tequila shots in 10 minutes. Never in my life have I stayed sober for this long.

• sunflowersandlawsunflowersandlaw Alum Member
    360 karma

Omg! I'm chopping off my hair Sunday too, hahaha. Saturday after the test though I am so knocking out

• ktvarda1ktvarda1 Alum Member
    edited November 2017 164 karma

Have the nervous breakdown I've been holding in for the past six months

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Haha! Love your haircut idea. I️ never thought about what I’d do post test since my test date is so far away. I’m thinking a day of all of my favorite things : brunch with strong bloody Mary’s, a good movie with popcorn and butterfingers and sit in my favorite coffee shop and read something other than the lsat books.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@"Los Pollos Hermanos" said:
    30 tequila shots in 10 minutes. Never in my life have I stayed sober for this long.

So true. I'm going to grab a pizza and a fifth and try to forget what the LSAT is.

• shd.hartshd.hart Member
    51 karma

I order a pizza, eat it in bed at 4pm and binge watch some quality reality tv.

• Jonathan W SJonathan W S Alum Member
    35 karma

Ha... finish all of my semester projects that have almost entirely been on hold while preparing for the test.

• PARHAM1373PARHAM1373 Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 67 karma

That’s actually quite funny because i was planning to cut my hair on saturday after the test too lol...

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

The LSAT is my Christmas music marker this year. I'll be blasting some Vince Guaraldi all the way home.

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

@Mitchell-1 I love it. Brilliant.

• shanebekshanebek Alum Member
    21 karma

...Finally watch Stranger Things season 2 :smiley:

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@kimmy_m66 said:
    Personally, on Sunday I'm going to go chop off my hair! I haven't cut my hair in like 5 years, so I'm gonna go to a salon, get a nice shampoo, and then chop off all the stress from the past 6 months of studying. It sounds drastic, but it was either this or a tattoo!

What about y'all?

Better that than a tattoo! :) I'm not taking this Saturday, but when I do I plan on going on some sort of vacation from both work/study for a week or so. I want to see all my friends I've been avoiding while I prep, too.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Hopefully vegas

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

Better that than a tattoo! :) I'm not taking this Saturday, but when I do I plan on going on some sort of vacation from both work/study for a week or so. I want to see all my friends I've been avoiding while I prep, too.

Oh that's right, friends exist. I totally forgot about them, wonder what my friends have been up to since march...?

• aefraustaefraust Free Trial Member
    14 karma

To get shit faced tomorrow night with my pal who I've been studying with for like 9 months.

• btsao650btsao650 Alum Member
    254 karma

I recently got engaged last weekend, but wasn't able to properly celebrate because of the LSAT! Now I can finally put engagement celebrations and Christmas decorations first!!!

• ArtoriusArtorius Alum Member
    188 karma

Watch all the TV shows, videos, streamings, etc which you miss during the time of LSAT prep.

• H O ThomasH O Thomas Alum Member
    204 karma

My post-study ritual was me going home and taking a nap.

• WhatAmIEvenWhatAmIEven Alum Member
    102 karma
    1. Write down what I think I did well on and what needs to be improved over the next couple months
    2. Play video games for a week
    3. Start studying again after the week
  • Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
    429 karma

I have a Youtube playlist that have motivational talks/songs on them. I play it right after a test so, I'll feel less like giving up or throwing everything around. LOL smile:

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

@btsao650, Congratulations! @Brazil020511, Would it be OK to link to the motivational YouTubes? If not, it's totally fine, but if you want to and have time, it'd be awesome.

• Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
    edited December 2017 429 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    @btsao650, Congratulations! @Brazil020511, Would it be OK to link to the motivational YouTubes? If not, it's totally fine, but if you want to and have time, it'd be awesome.

No problem at all. Let me know if it works.

• StothentothekStothentothek Free Trial Member
    69 karma

I thought i would be very tired, but it turns out I was actually very wired after. I ended up drinking sangrias in a sports bar until a sudden adrenaline crash hit me around 10pm and I went home and had the greatest sleep of all sleeps. Which is great, since I have finals in a week and a half, plus 4 essays and 13 major assignments due before then. I will not be sleeping properly again (or drinking sangrias) until christmas....

• preiprei Free Trial Member
    12 karma

"The greatest sleep of all sleeps."
    jealous

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

Leah, same, haha! I am catching up on emails to friends...last night i had a random craving to watch the movie Casper from1995, just needed something retro and feel good to unwind...love that romantic dancing scene. My whole test day ended up taking 8 hours as we were well over 400 people in the room! i was so hungry afterward i went and got thai take out

edited January 2018 67 karma

I know this thread is old now but anyways, i’m done having to ever study the lsat thanks to the dec score and since i don’t have to worry about looking exactly the same as my lsac account photo, i finally went with the ritual and cut my hair after the lsat lol. 10 inches gone and donated.
    Maybe we can make haircuts a common “end to lsat” ritual lmao

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

@PARHAM1373 yes!! I got my dream score in Dec. as well but the day of the test was actually extremely stressful. Right after I went to the salon and chopped it off and LOVE IT!

67 karma

@kimmy_m66 i just wish i did it before taking the lsat! It would’ve been so much easier to deal with under lsat conditions...

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

After the exam, I spent about 10 hours between pressure washing, vacuuming, and using a leaf blower.
    :neutral:

• cdawson1970cdawson1970 Member
    88 karma

Funny! I came home after testing yesterday and used the leaf blower for a bit. My husband thought it was odd. Glad to learn it was one therapy of choice for you too.

• SeraephinaSeraephina Live Member
    116 karma

I chopped of my hair and dyed it haha