Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lower scores on PTs

MMSyLSATMMSyLSAT Alum Member
edited January 2015 in General 44 karma
Hi everyone,
I need your advice. I am going to take Feb LSAT. About a month ago, my scores on PTs were 158-162. However, I took 3 PTs in last 2 weeks and got about 150. I am getting lower scores on all sections. All of a sudden just before the Feb LSAT, getting lower score is very frustrating for me. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Were those PT's that you went 158-162 on older PT's (pre-52)?

It could also just be a case of nerves. Getting close to the test day might induce some anxiety/timing issues.
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    Might be worth pushing to June or later if you don't feel prepared. Never take the test if you feel you are not ready. If it's nerves, then no biggie, happens to us all. If it's fundamentals, then it may be worth reconsidering.

Did you do ok on BR of those PTs?
  • MMSyLSATMMSyLSAT Alum Member
    44 karma
    I am not nervous at all. I got 158-162 on all PTs from PT #55-69. BR was fine, too. Thanks for your suggestions.
    2116 karma
    How about the 3 PT's that you scored subpar? Also in that 55-69 range?
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    same question as ddak, also make sure you're not over doing it and tiring ur brain out, needs some time to rest just like any other muscle in the body. Also make sure you're BRing and carefully going over everything to make sure you know what you are doing and not just luckily getting scores right
    44 karma
    Last 3 PTs that I took are 70-71 and 74. I think I will take rest for couple of days. Thanks for your time and suggestions.
  • msmith85msmith85 Alum Member
    213 karma
    reflect. post-pone if you are not ready.
    2116 karma
    This is a debatable hot topic these days, but people say the most recent PT's (70+) have gotten "harder" or less predictable than the PT's 52-60's. I would review 70/71/74 like crazy and take either 72/73 before Feb 7th and you can make a call whether to take it or postpone.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    as above stated, 70+ are a little different, now that doesn't mean you can think "oh phew Im good then" bc ur only getting more recent (aka more like test day) Review those tests real good, anything you didn't get, go over again. The difficulty of LR is a little more spread out which can throw some people off timing wise and therefore mentally fatigue or cause you to rush thinking you're behind where you should. if you're taking Feb idk about a few rest days, maybe take a day off, or even just do some light untimed drilling. its pretty close to game day to take more than a day off so be careful with the amount you take off
    44 karma
    Thank you all.