Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestion on final prep PTs before the Feb exam

I had a short 4 month study period while working full time. Recently, I've done 70, 71, 72 and previous 60s and a few 40s.

What do you suggest as my final timed two PTs? I'm thinking a late 70's and maybe an 80-83. Any particular 70s or 80s?

During the week, I'll do various individual sections during the day. Which PTs would you recommend I use of those?

TIA

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Bumping to the top!

• mew41195mew41195 Alum Member
    159 karma

Hi! Similar situation here. I am now moving to the newest tests I can find (80's) to hopefully most replicate what the Feb 2018 test will look like. I don't have a specific one to recommend, but that's what I am PT'ing over the next 2 weeks while using 50's to do timed sections while I can. BEST OF LUCK! You got this.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited January 2018 2124 karma

I would look at the PTs from 79-83. The exam doesn't change much but I noticed that for LR and RC there's a slight difference worth taking a look at before the February exam. Good luck!

• dleowestdleowest Member
    13 karma

Thanks - appreciate the encouragement and help.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@dleowest said:
    I had a short 4 month study period while working full time. Recently, I've done 70, 71, 72 and previous 60s and a few 40s.

What do you suggest as my final timed two PTs? I'm thinking a late 70's and maybe an 80-83. Any particular 70s or 80s?

During the week, I'll do various individual sections during the day. Which PTs would you recommend I use of those?

TIA

I recommend doing 1 80s PT test broken down into timed sections, and 1 full 80s as a full timed PT.

• christine.gutierrez94christine.gutierrez94 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

@Kermit750 said:
    I would look at the PTs from 79-83. The exam doesn't change much but I noticed that for LR and RC there's a slight difference worth taking a look at before the February exam. Good luck!

What changes have you noticed? Thanks!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Kermit750 said:

You think it changed noticeably over 5 tests? I'm curious how so? I haven't taken any 70s or 80s test yet.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

I don't think it really matters. Just keep it 52 and up which is when the CR passage was introduced and it's all going to be pretty much the same. And at this point, don't try to do any more than one final PT. It sounds like that's all you're planning, so I just want to reinforce that plan!