Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those who used 7sage CC to study and got a 170+ on your PTs/the LSAT, how did you approach CC?

_oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
edited January 2018 in General 3652 karma

Did you not continue on in the CC until you mastered the section?

I'm going back through the CC again after not taking it seriously last year.

I'm in the Most Strongly Support LR section right now. I'm halfway through the problem sets. I was doing well -0 in the first half of the problem sets. Now on the harder 3+ star problem sets I have been missing one on each problem set.

Should I be drilling MSS questions once I am done with the CC problem sets? Missing 1/5 questions doesn't sound too good

Is there an ultimate goal here in how many questions I get wrong or is this just about the learning process and getting acquainted with just figuring out argument structure...

I just want to go into this with the right mindset so when I start taking PTs after the CC I'm not making mistakes because I didn't 100% understand something from the CC. But I also don't want to take forever on the CC.

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

By the time I started 7 sage I was already fairly solid on LR and RC. That said, with logic games I certainly didn't wait to finish the CC until I had mastered the section. Rather, I went through it and made sure I understood it at the time. If I forgot later that was fine. I foolproofed(I guess this would more be drilling on the other sections) for a long time. So if I came across a problem/weakness foolproofing I would just go back to the CC for extra reinforcement on that problem type.

I don't think you need to be perfect coming out of the core curriculum. However, you need to understand it while your watching it and be able to put that aquired method into practice while it is still fresh. If you forget that's okay since you can always come back.

Hopefully someone with more experience improving on LR and RC comments though.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited January 2018 3652 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" thank you for your response. LG I'm not too worried about as I pacifico foolproofed PT 1-25 (leaving some for after I finish redoing the CC) and feel pretty confident with LGs now. What was your technique to mastering LR prior to 7sage?

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    @"Seeking Perfection" thank you for your response. LG I'm not too worried about as I pacifico foolproofed PT 1-25 (leaving some for after I finish redoing the CC) and feel pretty confident with LGs now. What was your technique to mastering LR prior to 7sage?

I had just done about 20 PTs before 7sage and taken my first test. Same thing with RC. That didn't work for games.

LR really just came naturally. Either my background had prepared me for it on its own or I was just naturally good at them. My family used to rip apart television ads which had logical flaws and fallacies and I found that fun even when I was little so I'd guess it was probably some combination of nature and nurture. One of my majors was related to philosophy and my other was economics either of which could have helped, but if I had to bet I would say I would have been good at LR by the end of highschool at the latest.

I know that's probably not very helpful which is why I mostly try to pass on other's advice on the section or restrict myself to logic games advice.