Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List Babysitting/Personal Assistant on Resume?

ChapmanECChapmanEC Alum Member

I have worked babysitting and served as personal assistant for 10-20 hrs a week all through college (in addition to another PT job for first 2 years).

Should/ how should I list this on my resume?

Thanks!

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Yes, you should list it. It shows how you spent your time. Schools will look kindly on people who worked during college.

Put it down like you would any other job. State your time commitment and responsibilities. Describe what you did in a succinct and straightforward way.

• ChapmanECChapmanEC Alum Member
    85 karma

Thanks! I'll do that.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Don’t list baby sitting as a “job” if you were paid under the table. ie if someone just handed you cash and you didn’t pay taxes on it. If you want to include it maybe just list “childcare” in your interests.

• ChapmanECChapmanEC Alum Member
    85 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    Don’t list baby sitting as a “job” if you were paid under the table. ie if someone just handed you cash and you didn’t pay taxes on it. If you want to include it maybe just list “childcare” in your interests.

Don't worry, I pay taxes on all taxable income! That's a good thing to consider, though, since a lot of sitters don't...

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

I'd list it for the sake of showing that you were working through college. I wouldn't try to make it sound like anything more than it was though. Be sure to include the hours you worked!