Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Non-LSAT related: Talk about yourself!!!

13»

Comments

• NovLSAT2019NovLSAT2019 Alum Member
    620 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:

One word man, Fortnite! Haha

Lmao. Oh man, you're treading on some dangerous waters fraught with many perils my friend.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

@LindsMitch said:
    @"lady macbeth" @beezmoof On the skincare topic, have y'all heard of this brand "The Ordinary" ? I've just recently discovered them and am going to soon place an order when I run out of my current skincare stuff. It is SO reasonably priced and has pretty rave reviews. They have several facial oils that are so much cheaper than elsewhere, like rosehip, organ, and squalane . Check it outttttttt, but beware you'll probably be lost in the website for an age. I guess it's a brand within a larger umbrella brand that has a number of different beauty/skin/haircare products.

Never heard of It! But It sounds like a skincare brand haha 'the ordinary.' They always have such minimalist themes or like just the most esoteric sounding names like 'urban decay,' 'herbivore,' need I go on? Just checked It out and you're right. I like that they have different options for retinol strengths, that's important. Although, I can't seem to part with my Rx retin-A.... my holy grail product <3

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:

@BrianSeo said:

@"mickey.caleb" said:
    29 yr old Air Force vet. Majored in biology and returned this fall from a year of teaching English in South Korea. Teaching was kind of my own graduation gift and I was able to travel a little bit as well while I was over there.

Been coming to 7sage since September but usually lurk. I do enjoy reading everyone's posts though. At first I used to think LSATcantwin and Alex Divine were secretly employees of 7sage pretending to be normal members of the community haha

Dude! I was in Korea during the summer for a month last year! My grandparents and my family used to live together next to Seoul Arts Center before my parents and I moved to the US. My grandma still lives in the same house but my cousin's family moved in with her after my grandpa passed away years ago. It's crazy how redeveloped everything is in Korea now. I especially miss the night life near Gangnam station, all of those restaurants/bars operating 24/7, and chicken. Oh good GOD the chicken...

Other than that,
    I love playing Player Unknown's Battleground (it's a battle royale FPS game where you have to outlive 99 other people). I love shopping for computer parts. I love to cook and eat (I really enjoy cooking for my girlfriend). I love scotch and wine. I love reading. It seems that I love a lot of things. I absolutely love listening to Bach (especially works for the piano). I hate the LSAT. I live in Lewisville, Texas and love it. I love playing symphonic repertoire in orchestras.

One word man, Fortnite! Haha

Are you on PSN? ;P

894 karma

@beezmoof said:
    @LindsMitch @"lady macbeth" Starting with the New Year, I actually cut out almost all chemicals from my skincare. So now I use tea tree facial bar soap from Whole Foods (only 2 bucks which is nice)!

Honestly I totally see that. I used to use the tea tree oil facial cleanser from Trader Joe's & It was amazing. Cheap and one of my best cleaners. I typically don't repurchase beauty products unless they really make an impression on me and that one did haha!

As for Glossier, still trying to figure out if I want to buy the boy brow ugh. I visited the popup store and the popup perfume shop in NYC and I surprisingly did not like the vibes of the workers... super unfriendly. I guess that's NY for you though.

Omg nooooooooooo Glossier is my haven haha. But I could totally see the people in there being unfriendly. The store is crazy cramped, easily agitates haha. I don't really wear makeup so I don't own the boy brow but I've only heard amazing things about It!

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

@"lady macbeth" @beezmoof I can vouch for boybrow. I bought the little duo brow and highlighter stick kit and I honestly love both. I am not into this super clean perfect overly defined eyebrow look going on right now ...and I feel like boy brow is an ideal alternative. These are the only two products I’ve tried so far from glossier so I’m a fan as of now. Bummer to hear the store experience wasn’t great.

And yessss haha the ordinary is such a typical skincare line name...The Farmacy Brand is another good example of this haha.

I also have gotten fairly concerned about chemicals in skincare...I was so spoiled in France with the pharmacies there ...full of soooo many brands, so many excellent products, and all so much more highly regulated than what we do here in the US. So I’ve been pretty picky since returning and am always on the look out for more natural but effective products.

Dang could talk about skincare all day hahaha...

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    edited February 2018 1091 karma

@"Hamaseh_S" Don't get me started on sharing music, haha! I could spam links for days on end...

These are on Spotify. I think they're all great songs.

two moons - toe
    Things You Can Do - Deltron 3030
    Tumbling Dice - The Rolling Stones
    New Choppa - Playboi Carti, A$AP Rocky
    Fairground - Simply Red
    Wild Mountain Honey - Steve Miller Band
    Disorder - Joy Division
    N.Y. State of Mind - Nas
    Gitano de Quatro Costados - Manitas De Plata
    Ain't it Funny - Danny Brown
    Retreat! Retreat! - 65daysofstatic
    It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry - Bob Dylan
    Summertime - The Sundays

1091 karma

@BrianSeo said:

@"mickey.caleb" said:
    29 yr old Air Force vet. Majored in biology and returned this fall from a year of teaching English in South Korea. Teaching was kind of my own graduation gift and I was able to travel a little bit as well while I was over there.

Been coming to 7sage since September but usually lurk. I do enjoy reading everyone's posts though. At first I used to think LSATcantwin and Alex Divine were secretly employees of 7sage pretending to be normal members of the community haha

Dude! I was in Korea during the summer for a month last year! My grandparents and my family used to live together next to Seoul Arts Center before my parents and I moved to the US. My grandma still lives in the same house but my cousin's family moved in with her after my grandpa passed away years ago. It's crazy how redeveloped everything is in Korea now. I especially miss the night life near Gangnam station, all of those restaurants/bars operating 24/7, and chicken. Oh good GOD the chicken...

Other than that,
    I love playing Player Unknown's Battleground (it's a battle royale FPS game where you have to outlive 99 other people). I love shopping for computer parts. I love to cook and eat (I really enjoy cooking for my girlfriend). I love scotch and wine. I love reading. It seems that I love a lot of things. I absolutely love listening to Bach (especially works for the piano). I hate the LSAT. I live in Lewisville, Texas and love it. I love playing symphonic repertoire in orchestras.

Shopping for parts is such a rabbit hole of intrigue. I built my PC a few years ago and almost got carried away with it. Nowadays I just play Path of Exile and League of Legends. I keep meaning to try PUBG but I hear it's full of bugs still.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

@tylerdschreur10, No, but had some great summers there. :)

894 karma

@beezmoof Here's a link for 10% off your first order at Glossier haha if you're interested! :) http://bff.glossier.com/hFGPd

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

any skin care products you recommend for men? @"lady macbeth"

• sakox010sakox010 Member
    333 karma

@Hamaseh_S said:

@sakox010 said:

Nice, I had issues back in college with body dysmorphia and exercise addiction, glad you were able to overcome it! I love jump roping lol it's crazy how much you can do with just a rope. This is my favorite jumproping vids, I've been skipping rope for about 3 years now and can do most of these tricks but I'm not nearly as smooth!

WHAT I am mind blown!!! What the hell was that one legged thing lololllll so awesome that you can do most of that!!

Are you also into boxing? I know a lot of ppl start jump roping because they box (for me it was the opposite). I used to go to the best boxing gym in Boston but when I moved back home I needed something other than a treadmill so I started jumping.

Also P.S. yay to us for overcoming our bodies

I've never boxed, but it's something I'm interested in! I played hockey growing up and when I got to college working out kind of took the place of that. When I was exploring with different cardio options I came across boxing style jump roping and gave it a shot. It's a lot of fun and all you need is a rope and some space to jump! Once I'm done with the LSAT I might join a boxing gym haha.

When you were at the boxing gym in Boston, did you do any boxing yourself? Or was it mostly the training?

• alyssamcc0593alyssamcc0593 Alum Member
    290 karma

Hi Everyone,

My name is Alyssa and I am 24 (turning 25 in May). I have been on this LSAT journey for about a year now, and it has been an interesting experience to say the least. My original goal was to take the test last June, have my apps in my September, and start law school this fall. Life doesn't always go as planned, That obviously did not happen so here we are. Naive me thought that I would be able to balance studying and having a full time job, but it has been a lot harder than I thought. My goal now is to take the test in June/July and apply for Fall 2019 (fingers crossed)

I graduated with my MS in Finance and BBA in Accounting in 2016 and work as a Financial Analyst. The hours tend to be really unpredictable so trying to get a routine schedule of studying has been difficult. I think I have a good plan ahead though. I really do like my job, but law is where I want to be. I have wanted to be a lawyer since I was very young, so I am hoping to make my dream come true. In college I originally started off as a poli sci major and hated it, I then decided to switch to business because I thought I could at least get a job out of undergrad if law school did not work out. I ended up taking an accounting class and doing well in it so I got into accounting. My professor then convinced me to do a 5 year masters program, so I stayed an extra year. I then decided I should work a year after being in school 5 years, but here we are still wanting to do law school. Sometimes I do wish I would have gone to law school right out of school, but I am hoping my work experience will somehow end up helping me in the end.

I really do want to say I love 7sage and this supportive community. Last December I had a mini panic attack after realizing that I was going to delay applying a cycle (and ruin my life plan, yes I over reacted), but it was nice seeing so many stories of people dealing with the same and getting accepted into their dream school after taking their time to truly study for the test. It has also been nice connecting with others who are a few years out of school who still have a dream of going to law school. Age is just a number right?

I am looking forward to talking/meeting you all in possible study group call in sessions.

Best of luck on your studies :)

5249 karma

@jyarmo, Here's another interesting one: Defending Jacob.

• Hamaseh_SHamaseh_S Alum Member
    436 karma

@"Rigid Designator" said:
    @"Hamaseh_S" Don't get me started on sharing music, haha! I could spam links for days on end...

These are on Spotify. I think they're all great songs.

two moons - toe
    Things You Can Do - Deltron 3030
    Tumbling Dice - The Rolling Stones
    New Choppa - Playboi Carti, A$AP Rocky
    Fairground - Simply Red
    Wild Mountain Honey - Steve Miller Band
    Disorder - Joy Division
    N.Y. State of Mind - Nas
    Gitano de Quatro Costados - Manitas De Plata
    Ain't it Funny - Danny Brown
    Retreat! Retreat! - 65daysofstatic
    It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry - Bob Dylan
    Summertime - The Sundays

hahhaa yesss!!! Awesome :smile:

• Hamaseh_SHamaseh_S Alum Member
    436 karma

@sakox010 said:

@Hamaseh_S said:

@sakox010 said:

Nice, I had issues back in college with body dysmorphia and exercise addiction, glad you were able to overcome it! I love jump roping lol it's crazy how much you can do with just a rope. This is my favorite jumproping vids, I've been skipping rope for about 3 years now and can do most of these tricks but I'm not nearly as smooth!

WHAT I am mind blown!!! What the hell was that one legged thing lololllll so awesome that you can do most of that!!

Are you also into boxing? I know a lot of ppl start jump roping because they box (for me it was the opposite). I used to go to the best boxing gym in Boston but when I moved back home I needed something other than a treadmill so I started jumping.

Also P.S. yay to us for overcoming our bodies

I've never boxed, but it's something I'm interested in! I played hockey growing up and when I got to college working out kind of took the place of that. When I was exploring with different cardio options I came across boxing style jump roping and gave it a shot. It's a lot of fun and all you need is a rope and some space to jump! Once I'm done with the LSAT I might join a boxing gym haha.

When you were at the boxing gym in Boston, did you do any boxing yourself? Or was it mostly the training?

I just trained! I'm not great I just really like it for the cardio :smile: I don't know where you're living but see if there's a TITLE Boxing Club around you, they're great especially if you're just starting!

edited February 2018 894 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:

Whoever assigned gender to beauty products was seriously disturbed.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/kOX9joAqO9O2A/giphy.gif
    But, anything by Jack Black. Comes in electric blue/black packaging. Or Kiehl's and Clinique.

3788 karma

Thnx. Us men need to glam up too

@"lady macbeth" said:

Whoever assigned gender to beauty products was seriously disturbed.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/kOX9joAqO9O2A/giphy.gif
    But, anything by Jack Black. Comes in electric blue/black packaging. Or Kiehl's and Clinique.

• IgnatiusIgnatius Alum Member
    382 karma

My name is Medardo, and I'm 30 yrs old. I'm also a quiet observer of this forum. I hope to participate more in 7sage discussions, but I continusously find it difficult to contribute anything of substance. There are so many intelligent contributions already! I was born and raised in a small border town in South Texas and later attended university in Austin. I currently reside in central Texas with my wife who works at a local hospital. I work from home grading SAT essays and English language proficiency exams. I enjoy playing music and reading. It took me about 7 years to finish my undergrad due to intermittent touring with bands/recording and producing projects, an experience I regret at times, but also cherish dearly. When I'm not on 7sage, I enjoy recording music with my friends, cooking, reading, and the occasional drink.

3788 karma

What kind of music @Ignatius ? Are you on soundcloud?

@Ignatius said:
    My name is Medardo, and I'm 30 yrs old. I'm also a quiet observer of this forum. I hope to participate more in 7sage discussions, but I continusously find it difficult to contribute anything of substance. There are so many intelligent contributions already! I was born and raised in a small border town in South Texas and later attended university in Austin. I currently reside in central Texas with my wife who works at a local hospital. I work from home grading SAT essays and English language proficiency exams. I enjoy playing music and reading. It took me about 7 years to finish my undergrad due to intermittent touring with bands/recording and producing projects, an experience I regret at times, but also cherish dearly. When I'm not on 7sage, I enjoy recording music with my friends, cooking, reading, and the occasional drink.

620 karma

Shopping for parts is such a rabbit hole of intrigue. I built my PC a few years ago and almost got carried away with it. Nowadays I just play Path of Exile and League of Legends. I keep meaning to try PUBG but I hear it's full of bugs still.

PUBG isn't really full of bugs anymore. They've done a great job with fixing most of the bugs. They've also done a great job optimizing the game so you don't need a $5,000 gaming pc to run it smoothly. At this point, it's the hackers you need to worry about lol. I used to play LoL with a few friends of mine. Pretty intense game.

3788 karma

Anyone here play starcraft 2? I feel like everyone plays overwatch or LoL

@BrianSeo said:

PUBG isn't really full of bugs anymore. They've done a great job with fixing most of the bugs. They've also done a great job optimizing the game so you don't need a $5,000 gaming pc to run it smoothly. At this point, it's the hackers you need to worry about lol. I used to play LoL with a few friends of mine. Pretty intense game.

edited February 2018 1091 karma

@BrianSeo said:

I never got in to SC. I was never really exposed to it. I went from Age of Empires 1, Warcraft Tides of Darkness, and Duke Nukem 3D right in to console gaming. I dabbled with Hitman and then stuff like Half Life 2, especially the original Insurgency mod, but after that not much else. At least not until I built my PC after undergrad.

3788 karma

Those are great games too! Especially Warcraft. I built my pc as I was waiting for my lsat score. Good thing i got my graphics card before the crypto boom drove up prices

@BrianSeo said:

I never got in to SC. I was never really exposed to it. I went from Age of Empires 1, Warcraft Tides of Darkness, and Duke Nukem 3D right in to console gaming. I dabbled with Hitman and then stuff like Half Life 2, especially the original Insurgency mod, but after that not much else. At least not until I built my PC after undergrad.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Those are great games too! Especially Warcraft. I built my pc as I was waiting for my lsat score. Good thing i got my graphics card before the crypto boom drove up prices

@BrianSeo said:

I can't wait for Blizz to do what it did for old Starcraft and optimize the Warcraft games for newer PCs imo... Loved the Warcraft series.

3788 karma

Yes!! That would be a treat!! Are you also excited for the new World of Warcraft series coming out @"Dillon A. Wright"

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

@BrianSeo said:

I can't wait for Blizz to do what it did for old Starcraft and optimize the Warcraft games for newer PCs imo... Loved the Warcraft series.

620 karma

SC 2 is a very difficult game for me lol. My gaming situation is similar to that of @"Rigid Designator"'s. I didn't really play until I graduated from college. The only other RTS I used to play extensively was Warcraft 3. Other than that, I mainly play FPS.

edited February 2018 12637 karma

Yes!! That would be a treat!! Are you also excited for the new World of Warcraft series coming out @"Dillon A. Wright"

@BrianSeo said:

Oh yes, very much so... That cinematic with Sylvanas actually showing us her Banshee powers had me SO hype. And SAURFANG MY MAN!

https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2018/january/Wallpaper02.jpg

I'm a Hordie for life even though I've been dabbling Alliance lately with my girlfriend... But buff King Anduin, man. He's ripped.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2018/january/Wallpaper01.jpg

I preordered the expansion the day it came out (which was this past Tuesday haha) and already am playing my Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren.

3788 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" . Only slyvanas sounds familiar. I only played the RTS warcraft games up to frozen throne so im not familiar with the alternate timeline characters haha

@BrianSeo said:

Oh yes, very much so... That cinematic with Sylvanas actually showing us her Banshee powers had me SO hype. And SAURFANG MY MAN!

I'm a Hordie for life even though I've been dabbling Alliance lately with my girlfriend... But buff King Anduin, man. He's ripped.

I preordered the expansion the day it came out (which was this past Tuesday haha) and already am playing my Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren.

620 karma

@BrianSeo said:

Casual Illidan Horde right here lol. Currently stuck on not being able to get back to Draenor. Any tips?

• IgnatiusIgnatius Alum Member
    382 karma

What kind of music @Ignatius ? Are you on sound cloud?

The group I toured extensively with was an indie band called Dignan. We disbanded a while ago. Here's a bandcamp link: https://dignan.bandcamp.com

3788 karma

Thnx man! @Ignatius

5249 karma

How does Warcraft compare to Minecraft or Dark Souls?

3788 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    How does Warcraft compare to Minecraft or Dark Souls?

Isn't Dark Souls a notoriously difficult game? Are you talking about Warcraft as in World of Warcraft or the Warcraft, the real time strategy game?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@BrianSeo said:

This game ruined my life!

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

Hi everyone! I'm Eric, I'm from Rochester NY where I currently reside. I went to Niagara University for my BS in Biochemstry, then moved back to Rochester where I'm working on finishing my doctorate in chemistry. Afterwards, I hope to work as a patent agent for about 2 years, while I continue to study relentlessly for the LSAT, which I hope to take either at the end of this year or earlier 2019. I live with my son, Braylen, who is 5 and absolutely the best thing ever while his mom, my fiance, is in graduate school. We sometimes study together at nighttime, with him being quite shocked and surprised that daddy has flashcards with words like "only" and "or" on them, while he is also trying to learn the recognize and write the same words! I did not try to explain logical operators to him, maybe next year.

I'm an avid GB packers fan, since my dad was one when I was growing up and obviously I wanted to be just like my dad. And yes, Braylen is a huge packers fan! ( his mom is a Cowboys fan so I have two years to continue persuading him that the packers are the best hehe) When I need to relax I love watching movies, drinking crafts beer, playing xbox or woodworking, time depending.

I'm shooting for a law school start date of 2020 since she'll be done in may of 2020, then we can get the whole gang back together under one roof :) This community is by-far the best thing ever. I have almost zero time for social interactions so thank you everyone because you are one of my only social interactions lol best of luck to everyone applying this cycle and I'm looking forward to working with many of you over the next year as we all begin to go mildly insane over the lsat.

620 karma

@estouten25 said:
    Hi everyone! I'm Eric, I'm from Rochester NY where I currently reside. I went to Niagara University for my BS in Biochemstry, then moved back to Rochester where I'm working on finishing my doctorate in chemistry. Afterwards, I hope to work as a patent agent for about 2 years, while I continue to study relentlessly for the LSAT, which I hope to take either at the end of this year or earlier 2019. I live with my son, Braylen, who is 5 and absolutely the best thing ever while his mom, my fiance, is in graduate school. We sometimes study together at nighttime, with him being quite shocked and surprised that daddy has flashcards with words like "only" and "or" on them, while he is also trying to learn the recognize and write the same words! I did not try to explain logical operators to him, maybe next year.

I'm an avid GB packers fan, since my dad was one when I was growing up and obviously I wanted to be just like my dad. And yes, Braylen is a huge packers fan! ( his mom is a Cowboys fan so I have two years to continue persuading him that the packers are the best hehe) When I need to relax I love watching movies, drinking crafts beer, playing xbox or woodworking, time depending.

I'm shooting for a law school start date of 2020 since she'll be done in may of 2020, then we can get the whole gang back together under one roof :) This community is by-far the best thing ever. I have almost zero time for social interactions so thank you everyone because you are one of my only social interactions lol best of luck to everyone applying this cycle and I'm looking forward to working with many of you over the next year as we all begin to go mildly insane over the lsat.

I was in and out of Rochester to study with a professor at Eastman School of Music for a while back in 2012-2013! Very cold city haha.

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

@BrianSeo haha it does have other redeeming qualities though! That's awesome that you studied there, I've heard great things about the school.

12637 karma

@BrianSeo said:

@BrianSeo said:

Casual Illidan Horde right here lol. Currently stuck on not being able to get back to Draenor. Any tips?

In-game? You might want to grab a portal from a mage, not sure if the DHs get the garrison hearthstones or not.

• wagilac706wagilac706 Free Trial Member
    1 karma

I can only tolerate TLS for about five minutes until I see a harsh comment and I have to stop. I do, however, respect the individual who continues and discovers something helpful.

• betheoneofficialsbetheoneofficials Free Trial Member
    3 karma

That is awesome. I will peruse the story right away. I now regret taking all the recommendations I received for PolySci. Your major sounds much more appealing than mine does. Consider me envious! Which period of history most fascinates you? I adore the Mayan, Aztec, and Incan civilizations.