Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Withdrawing more than once

alicia32alicia32 Alum Member

Could anyone confirm that it will not show up on your record even if you withdraw more than once? I withdrew from the September LSAT, and am registered for the February LSAT, but not scoring where I need to be.

Thanks!

Comments

• beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member
    555 karma

@alicia32 by withdraw do you mean cancel? Because I have to "withdraw" as well and I'm a bit unsure of the process.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Cancel is not the same as withdraw. If you withdraw from the exam before your test day you’re fine

• alicia32alicia32 Alum Member
    edited February 2018 31 karma

@beezmoof I believe cancelling means to cancel your score - so you could cancel your score before you take it, or afterwards, but within a certain timeframe. To withdraw would be to cancel your registration, but since the deadline has passed for this exam, the registration fee would not be refunded. My understanding is that when applying, schools do not know if you have withdrawn and it doesn't show on your recort, but wanted to check about that.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

You can withdraw from the test up to midnight the night before the test. Then, it just disappers from your record. No one is the wiser.

If you take the test and you cancel the day of or after, then the cancellation will show up in your account and schoolswill see the cancellation.

I withdrew from both December and Feb because I was not confident enough. I need to work on the confidence thing. If you were to look at my LSAC account you would never know it.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yes, agreeing with the others above. Schools cannot see if you withdraw your registration before the test day. I withdrew from 2 tests myself.

If you sit for the test and cancel it on test day or within the week after taking it, schools will see that. But as long as you withdraw prior to test day, they will be none the wiser.

31 karma

Thanks @LCMama2017! I also need to work on confidence. I haven't been able to PT higher than 152, so I'm pretty sure I should withdraw.

31 karma

thank you @10000019 and @"Leah M B"!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@alicia32 said:
    Thanks @LCMama2017! I also need to work on confidence. I haven't been able to PT higher than 152, so I'm pretty sure I should withdraw.

yeah - i would too but I guess it would depend on where you want to go to school. if you aren't pt-ing higher than 152 then I would expect a 5-7 pt drop. i say that from reading other posts and different forums - i think most people score lower than your pt scores. I would try to figure out what's giving you trouble and start drilling those areas. also - why don't you join the june br sessions? those may be helpful. good luck.

31 karma

@LCMama2017 I am looking at schools in Canada so aiming for 160 -165. Thanks for the feedback. The br sessions are a great idea! Best of luck to you as well!

• chicarysschicaryss Alum Member
    143 karma

@alicia32 I'm a Canadian applicant as well and I'm not sure how schools evaluate your application even if your record shows that you've cancelled. Index schools like UBC or U of A might not even care at all (UBC only looks at your highest and U of A averages your recorded scores). U of C and maybe TRU might since they're more holistic.

However, if you are not PT-ing in the high 150s, it would be wise to wait for a later test date in order to solidify your skills. The nice thing about waiting until June or September is that these writings fall more comfortably into the next admissions cycle and you don't feel as rushed to get a good score. Only a few Canadian schools accept February anyways and by then many applications have already been reviewed.

I also advocate for the BR calls. They really do wonders in helping you see where there is a weakness in your understanding of the material.

• sandy180sandy180 Alum Member
    159 karma

I have chickened out twice already and the only penalty is having to carry the piano on your back for that much longer:) You're good!

31 karma

@chicaryss said:
    @alicia32 I'm a Canadian applicant as well and I'm not sure how schools evaluate your application even if your record shows that you've cancelled. Index schools like UBC or U of A might not even care at all (UBC only looks at your highest and U of A averages your recorded scores). U of C and maybe TRU might since they're more holistic.

However, if you are not PT-ing in the high 150s, it would be wise to wait for a later test date in order to solidify your skills. The nice thing about waiting until June or September is that these writings fall more comfortably into the next admissions cycle and you don't feel as rushed to get a good score. Only a few Canadian schools accept February anyways and by then many applications have already been reviewed.

I also advocate for the BR calls. They really do wonders in helping you see where there is a weakness in your understanding of the material.

Somehow, I just saw this now! Thank you for your feedback! I've joined a few BR calls including one yesterday with JY, which was awesome. Are you gearing up to apply?

31 karma

@sandy180 said:
    I have chickened out twice already and the only penalty is having to carry the piano on your back for that much longer:) You're good!

Thanks @sandy180 ! Sorry, just saw this now =)