Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inconsistency on Timed LR sections HELP!

jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member

Hey guys,

I have improved drastically on LR! And honestly, it feels so good! Thank you to 7SAGE and @akistotle who has helped me tremendously!

Nonetheless, I took PT 78 yesterday and scored 9/25 on the first LR section and 22/26 on the second one.

I honestly don't understand how this could have happened.

22/26 has been my best LR section yet, I usually score around 18/19. BUT A 9? I have not scored that low on a LR section since my diagnostic to be honest.

Is this just an outlier? The section felt hard like any other LR section to me but even after doing BR and scoring it... I scored fairly low.

Help please... freaking out right now since the LSAT is only days away.

PT 78
  1. What do you think?9 votes
    1. Outlier - I found that section hard too
      55.56%
    2. No clue
      44.44%

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2018 23929 karma

I mean, if it's the only time it's happened, by definition it is an outlier.

Don't freak out, that's the worst thing you can do right now. You said yourself that you usually score 18 or 19 per section.

What did you get when your BR'd it?
    That may give you some insight into why you scored so low.
    Did you do a normal warm up? Was anything different about this section compared to how you normally take them?

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I mean, if it's the only time it's happened, by definition it is an outlier.

Don't freak out, that's the worst thing you can do right now. You said yourself that you usually score 18 or 19 per section.

What did you get when your BR'd it?
    That may give you some insight into why you scored so low.
    Did you do a normal warm up? Was anything different about this section compared to how you normally take them?

I got a 14 on BR. Which is definitely my worst BR score on LR in a long time!

Maybe I was over confident? I honestly can't think of anything else other than that. I thought it was like any other LR section I have already done... hard obviously but not enough to get a 9...

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Unless you made a bubbling mistake, 9/25 is so low that I don't think you can discredit it. The Feb exam is so close that I'm not sure what advice to give. I

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Hi @jennybbbbb,

My advice is: don't be greedy. When you're getting better, you aim for more points and you end up losing the questions you should be getting. So don't aim for more.

I remember that you only need a score above 160. I know you are getting better, but at this point, you should only think about the score you actually need, so aim for -7 per LR section. With -14 for both LR sections and -10 for RC, you can be in the 160s. You have to be strategic about it. You don't need to answer all the questions.

There is not much you can do until the test. So you should fully review PT78 (watch J.Y.'s videos, do some write-ups in the comment section) and believe that you can do this.

Good luck! :smile:

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

@akistotle said:
    Hi @jennybbbbb,

My advice is: don't be greedy. When you're getting better, you aim for more points and you end up losing the questions you should be getting. So don't aim for more.

I remember that you only need a score above 160. I know you are getting better, but at this point, you should only think about the score you actually need, so aim for -7 per LR section. With -14 for both LR sections and -10 for RC, you can be in the 160s. You have to be strategic about it. You don't need to answer all the questions.

There is not much you can do until the test. So you should fully review PT78 (watch J.Y.'s videos, do some write-ups in the comment section) and believe that you can do this.

Good luck! :smile:

Thank you @akistotle

You are definitely right! I think that my greediness to increase my score may have played a role on that section...

I do need a 160, however I have been scoring -12 on RC still :(

So I have been trying to improve LR as of right now since not much can be done to improve RC with only days away...

Thank you so much for your advice!