Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Future of Law (According to Harvard)

tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
in General 3679 karma

For those of you interested in cyber law or how tech might influence lawyering in the future, this article published on Harvard's website might pique your interest.

https://today.law.harvard.edu/feature/possible-futures/

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

Every time I see or read something predicting what will occur in the future, my brain reminds me of the hoverboard.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Very informative! Thank you for sharing.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

More tech will hopefully create more legal work! And hopefully AI wont be advanced enough to replace us!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    More tech will hopefully create more legal work! And hopefully AI wont be advanced enough to replace us!

Haha! That’s the same thing I thought when I started reading the AI portion... robot lawyers?! #nightmare

• Frank JaegerFrank Jaeger Alum Member
    144 karma

I think that the threat of a.i. replacing lawyers will be largely determined by lawyers if we are proactive. A.I. is already being used in several courtrooms in the U.S. to help judges make decisions, however the a.i. is not autonomous. Autonomous a.i. is not nearly as far away as most of us think. The time is fast approaching where an a.i. lawyer will be able to do almost everything a human lawyer does in the legal realm, and faster. There are many tech firms working on this right now and yes it is scary. But we as lawyers will have to come together and make some very important decisions in the near future. I hardly feel the public will help us and we need to be proactive in this regard.
    We need to protect our livelihood.