Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your favorite RC passage(s)?

What the title says. I'm sure each of us had at least one passage that really piqued his or her interest, found amusing for one reason or another, turned his or her life upside down, etc.

I'm not a big fan of art passages, but I really liked the passages about perfume (PT 74) and Julia Margaret Cameron's photography (PT 73). The former was quite engaging, as I have never given a thought about perfume as an art form. As for the latter, I found its descriptions about unhappy children and sloppy decors hilarious.

Comments

• pioneer321pioneer321 Free Trial Member
    edited February 2018 328 karma

I definitely think that the Multiverse passage from PT 83 is my favorite. I loved the subject matter and the writing style. I definitely consider myself lucky for seeing it on the actual test date.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

The one about Lichenometry from PT 62. It was one of the first RC passages I did and I thought it was super difficult. But after redoing it, I thought it was quite an interesting read.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

There was one about MMORpgs and virtual curreny in video game. Fun passage. Would be cool to see one on cryptocurrency

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

I don't have one yet. Maybe I will in a few weeks.

• kshutes13kshutes13 Member
    edited February 2018 634 karma

I've enjoyed any RC passage (and LR for that matter) about anthropology or anthropologists. PT75 had a passage about whether video technology would would push indigenous cultures to assimilate or help them preserve their culture. PT70 had one about an anthropologist (who was also a dancer). I liked that one as well.

It was a part of my major in university so it's always a delight to read!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    There was one about MMORpgs and virtual curreny in video game. Fun passage. Would be cool to see one on cryptocurrency

This! I started reading it and was like; "Dude, if I coulda made money from all the crap I had in WoW, I wouldn't need to get a real job..."

It was really interesting!

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    edited February 2018 1028 karma

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

waterbugs :smile:

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

eileen gray

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

The one on philosophical anarchism. Only because I found it so easy and I like the topic already.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Who knew that fun and games could be profitable :)

@LSATcantwin said:

@westcoastbestcoast said:

This! I started reading it and was like; "Dude, if I coulda made money from all the crap I had in WoW, I wouldn't need to get a real job..."

It was really interesting!

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

The comparative passage about the hedonistic treadmill (doesn't use those words, but that's what it's about).
    Comparative passage about Thomas Sowell and cosmic justice.

• beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member
    555 karma

The title of this post is actually a really nice reminder. Thanks :) Tells me to see if I can enjoy what I'm reading when doing the exams.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

My favorite is the one on Frida Khalo; I absolutely adore her so that was a real treat. And I ended up getting all the questions right even though RC is not my strong suit. Does anyone else get great RC scores when it's a passage youre really interested in?

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

[Spoilers]

Margaret Cameron: This is maybe my absolute favorite. I looked up a lot of her stuff later and there really is an accidental sincerity to them which is really interesting.

Dostoevsky: I love Dostoevsky, so that passage was inherently interesting and also very insightful. I've never done a formal study of Dostoevsky and I think it captured something essential. I'm planning to reread Brother's K and Notes from Underground in order to be able to experience those books with the key insight from this passage.

Roman Law: I studied Latin and Roman History/Culture, so this was an easy interest. What I really found so intriguing though was the different concepts of law. I think maybe it's Chicago that has a class on Roman Law, and I would absolutely love to take that.

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

@beezmoof said:
    The title of this post is actually a really nice reminder. Thanks :) Tells me to see if I can enjoy what I'm reading when doing the exams.

This is one of the reasons I started this discussion. RC is my least favorite section, so I keep trying to motivate myself.

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Roman Law: I studied Latin and Roman History/Culture, so this was an easy interest. What I really found so intriguing though was the different concepts of law. I think maybe it's Chicago that has a class on Roman Law, and I would absolutely love to take that.

Not just Chicago - I believe Berkeley has one too (although this would be a moot point if you already attend Chicago).

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

@FixedDice said:
    Not just Chicago - I believe Berkeley has one too (although this would be a moot point if you already attend Chicago).

Berkeley is moot for me because of their GPA thing, lol.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Ocean floor spreading theory

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

the ones where I get them all the questions correct.

• Nabintou-1Nabintou-1 Alum Member
    410 karma

31:4:4 -- Subjective v. Objective Evidence. Absolute fav.

• Logic GainzLogic Gainz Alum Member
    700 karma

I grin like a psychopath when reading law passages because they make me feel like the thing I'm trying to become. I was a fan of the stealing thunder passage.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I loved the one on World of Warcraft I mean MMORPGs