Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post exam

LsatkayyLsatkayy Alum Member
in General 162 karma

Does anyone else feel incapable of relaxing post exam. Almost like studying separation anxiety lol

Comments

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

I wonder if you're exhausted and/or maybe it's a sign of your dedication to this. I haven't taken the test yet, but I recall a feeling of being so engaged in a task that after I don't know what to do with myself for awhile. I imagine tomorrow will probably be better.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

Haha yup! I feel like this happens every time you take the exam - you just wanna know what the answers are!

You just spent the last couple months doing preptests, and after you took them you could always check how well you did. With the actual exam you can't do that, and it drives you crazy!

• michelle.zysk99michelle.zysk99 Alum Member
    33 karma

I feel unexpectedly depressed...not about the test (thats a whole different feeling)...But an empty feeling because I’ve been so consumed with prep that I can’t find the motivation to do anything else. I’m actually fighting the urge to practice LGs...

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

I feel like I completely bombed this test. About to have a sandwich, go to bed, and get up tomorrow morning and start prepping for June. > @"michelle.zysk99" said:

I feel unexpectedly depressed...not about the test (thats a whole different feeling)...But an empty feeling because I’ve been so consumed with prep that I can’t find the motivation to do anything else. I’m actually fighting the urge to practice LGs...

• olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    729 karma

My joints hurt (from chronic stress according to google). Feels like I was flight-fight stage for at least two days. Pretty sure you can't think straight during that...

• J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    575 karma

Yes! It was so... anti-climactic. I’ve been studying for over a year and feel pretty good about today. I thought I’d want to celebrate and get wasted... but I just feel empty and kind of tired lol.

• Harmmanb-1Harmmanb-1 Alum Member
    126 karma

@"J. Tharp" said:
    Yes! It was so... anti-climactic. I’ve been studying for over a year and feel pretty good about today. I thought I’d want to celebrate and get wasted... but I just feel empty and kind of tired lol.

That's what lawyers always feel like on the inside.

• ewelina.bzduchaewelina.bzducha Alum Member
    7 karma

@"Paul Pederson" said:
    I feel like I completely bombed this test. About to have a sandwich, go to bed, and get up tomorrow morning and start prepping for June. > @"michelle.zysk99" said:

Same here!!! I felt confident before the test and then the stress consumed me. I don't even remember what RC passages were about? Feel like I lost this one.....

• dp69002pdp69002p Free Trial Member
    8 karma

Does anyone remember a question about a company and there customers were not satisfied with the company's new products (video games). I am just trying to figure out which LR section counted?

• kshutes13kshutes13 Member
    edited February 2018 634 karma

@"J. Tharp" said:

Last night I went out to celebrate and spend time with friends to get away from post-exam stress... but the LSAT came with me anyway. My boyfriend said something confusing at the pre and I blurted out "I think you're confusing the necessary for the sufficient condition"

• rebecciusrebeccius Alum Member
    45 karma

@Lsatkayy said:
    Does anyone else feel incapable of relaxing post exam. Almost like studying separation anxiety lol

YES. Me too. This exam is so unlike normal exams, in that the euphoric sense of relief you expect and look forward to.... is somewhat elusive! Also I think it's hard to truly relax knowing you have the agonizing wait before the score is released.

• Grey WardenGrey Warden Alum Member
    edited February 2018 813 karma

It feels so sickening to wait for the score and i keep visualising the worst. I have been eating my feelings out since i came out of the test centre (had a whole large pizza by myself with a lot of cheese). I hope this gets better in the coming days for everyone.

• SerenityFalconSerenityFalcon Alum Member
    86 karma

YES! So hard. I got addicted to LSAT studying, and this is my withdrawal period. After the test I forced myself to veg watching Winter Olympics. I relaxed a little, but not very well (I am usually an expert at relaxing). It was all I could do to NOT start studying for Logic Games again: instead I made spreadsheets with the curriculum breakdown for each of my top choice schools and color-coded it by course requirement. :open_mouth:

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

It is completely normal. You are jacked up with cortisol and adrenaline from having taken the lsat

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

Definitely an unorthodox feeling the Monday after. Im not sure if its good or bad.

• OneFortyDotSixOneFortyDotSix Alum Member
    634 karma

athletes go through a very similar feeling after big races/events. We call it post-race blues. It's almost like getting out of a relationship. Something that's been a big part of your life suddenly...isn't. Even if you got the outcome you wanted, there's still some separation anxiety and uncertainty over what to do with the new free time. It's not uncommon to languish due to lack of focus on a new goal. There are some chemical causes for it as well, at least with athletes, but I'm sure some of those causes are also relevant to test taking (elevated cortisol/norepinephrine as some have mentioned).

It sometimes helps to have a new project or short-term goal in mind to fill the new-found free time with. The goal could even be something related to fitness, relationships, or other aspects of your life that may have been neglected due to LSAT prep.

I still haven't really shaken off the LSAT. Between posting a bunch on these forums I'm also resisting the urge to crack open my LG practice file

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

I found it helped to throw myself into applications. Take that study drove mentality and redirect it toward personal statement drafts! #wereallnerds