Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think I f***ed up and I want to cancel

2»

Comments

• OneFortyDotSixOneFortyDotSix Alum Member
    634 karma

Thanks for this, J.Y. and for all the amazing LG videos. They totally saved me

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

I did bad, very very bad.

• kshutes13kshutes13 Member
    634 karma

@10000019 said:

@kshutes13 said:
    What if the nerves got to me during the exam and I guessed like 3/4 LG? :|

I took the December exam. I choked on the LG section. The entire 4th game I guessed, and for a handful of the questions from game 1+2 I wasn't entirely confident. I thought I went double digits in LG, but I ended up with a -8. Not good at all, but my performance in LR+RC was consistent. I ended up with a score that was within my anticipated range.

I wouldn't cancel over a handful of questions wrong in LG.

Thank you. This eased my worry a little bit. Although I blindly guessed a handful of games, not a handful of questions :bawling: I've decided not to cancel but definitely did not feel good leaving that exam.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Bumping this for July test takers

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

@keets993 said:
    Bumping this for July test takers

Good thinking .. the should I cancel posts are rolling

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Good thinking .. the should I cancel posts are rolling

Yeah I think I've seen at least 5!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 2124 karma

Bump for September

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

One more bump for you guys. See above. It’s so true. I walked out of my first LSAT thinking I bombed part of it, had let nerves get the better of me. Turns out, I nailed and scored right in my PT average. Had I canceled, I would’ve been in a bad spot. Everyone feels the way you’re feeling right now. Unless something massive happened, you shouldn’t cancel. <3

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

Bump for all the international test takers! Hang in there <3

8392 karma

Bumping again for today’s testers!

• david.i.castanedadavid.i.castaneda Alum Member
    edited November 2018 12 karma

Unfortunately, my mind just blocked itself and I couldn't breath much because of allergies. As a result, I ran out of time and guessed on the last portion of all of the sections. I think I might request this score to be cancelled. Any arguments for cancelling the score?

• Nathan FNathan F Member
    51 karma

I mean, school is going to see that you have a canceled score anyway. I would rather find out my score and see what I did wrong/right to learn from it. That's just me. I wanna know my score even though I know I did not reach my target score.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I also feel I did really poorly and have gone back and forth about cancelling but also thinking I am just going to see how I did and plan for January. I think my first section was the experimental Logical reasoning and I did not finish, first time in a long time. It got me very nervous and anxious and I was a mess for the rest of the test and actually a couple hours later. I didn't expect to be so anxious.

• cheyennetlewischeyennetlewis Alum Member
    edited November 2018 39 karma

@FindingSage same thing happened to me. I had LR (experimental)- RC-LR-LR-LG. By the third section I had a horrible headache and couldn't concentrate properly for the rest of the section, but unfortunately that is the one that counted. Hoping to find a way to deal with nerves or anxiety for January.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

Was your first logical reasoning section long and filled with point at issue and long stimulus questions? My brain is so foggy I can’t remember what any of them were but I can remember that. I am hoping that was the experimental because I didn’t finish it really threw me off the rest of the test.

8392 karma

Bumping for today's test takers!

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    Bumping for today's test takers!

Thanks =)

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

@FindingSage I do remember an usually large number of point at issue disagreement questions.

• turbodogturbodog Alum Member
    edited February 2019 41 karma

Bump

• lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    488 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" @"Jonathan Wang"

There was a video a few years ago of @"Jonathan Wang" taking a LR section (with camera focused on the pen-paper version of the booklet. It was Super-amazing to see how quickly he went through some questions (like within 30 seconds), and motivating to know it's possible to go so fast.

Could @"J.Y. Ping" or @"Jonathan Wang" do an truly-fresh PT (not seen before) with camera pointed to the paper or PC?

So that lsat takers like me have an opportunity to see in flesh-and-blood it's really possible for Fresh PTs and for sections like RC/LR that have usually timing issues?

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited January 2021 5740 karma

Hi @lsat2016

In the following Live Commentary Videos you can see J.Y.'s live take of LR and RC sections on the Digital Tester:

1. PrepTest 87 - S2 LR Live Commentary
    2. PrepTest 87 - S3 LR Live Commentary
    3. PrepTest 88 - S2 LR Live Commentary
    4. PrepTest 88 - S3 RC Live Commentary
    5. PrepTest May 2020 - S1 RC Live Commentary

We recommend that you do not watch these videos until you have attempted PrepTests 87, 88, and May 2020 yourself.

Also, please note that you must be enrolled in a full course in order to access these Live Commentary Videos.

I hope this helps!