Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

February LSAT Discussion Thread

124»

Comments

• mew41195mew41195 Alum Member
    159 karma

@clairepliu said:
    Does anyone remember what the passages were for experimental RC?

Update: remember one (I guess experimental) CBA vs. Principle

i haven't scrolled all the way down so i'm sure others replied but that one was experimental (i'm 99% positive!)... i thought it was SO hard and was super nervous - then got what I believe is the real RC & was so relieved. never thought i'd be "relieved" to get another RC ha ha ha

159 karma

@"Radhika." said:
    I'm still confused on what the real RC was

1. DuBois / Washington - adult education
    2. Beetle / cottonwood tree - larvae
    3. Lying & democracy
    4. (Comparative) Copyright laws on books

experimental had 1 passage about Darwin and genetic evolution, 1 about competing principles for decision making (cost benefit analysis vs. some other "P" principle)!

• ilokmacailokmaca Free Trial Member
    66 karma

What does a curve of -9,-10,11, etc. mean? i.e. like in the poll?

• olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    729 karma

@ilokmaca said:

The amount of questions you can have wrong and receive 170

• sunflowersandlawsunflowersandlaw Alum Member
    360 karma

The reason why I think there will be a -11 curve is because the logic games were all really nontraditional. They all were simple, with a twist that was unseen before - the third and fourth game especially. Thoughts?

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

@olioliber said:

@ilokmaca said:

So does the curve not affect those who aren't scoring above 170?

729 karma

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:

@olioliber said:

@ilokmaca said:

So does the curve not affect those who aren't scoring above 170?

I would assume it shifts the whole scale a bit

• batwomansavesbatwomansaves Alum Member
    52 karma

Hey
    I took the Lsat exam on 11 Feb in Gurgaon, mine was RC LR RC LR LG.
    RC:
    1. Author’s innovative ideas who studied in states and went to italy, sculptures, her book Hagar in the wilderness.
    2. Criminalization of intent to crime. Something like that.
    3. Sprawl, suburban passage A and passage B
    4. Hedges and shrubs
    5. Jazz - economically unstable and overdue recognition received
    6. Passage A and B on something like leaf. (Didn’t read it)

LG:
    1. London Milan Paris, everything in Milan is in London, Walter is in one only. V follows Z.
    2. 5 sequenced of S in 2 or P in 6 not both, p/h - g - p/h, m/o - g - m/o.

Then last 5 sequence can’t remember anymore.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@batwomansaves said:
    Hey
    I took the Lsat exam on 11 Feb in Gurgaon, mine was RC LR RC LR LG.
    RC:
    1. Author’s innovative ideas who studied in states and went to italy, sculptures, her book Hagar in the wilderness.
    2. Criminalization of intent to crime. Something like that.
    3. Sprawl, suburban passage A and passage B
    4. Hedges and shrubs
    5. Jazz - economically unstable and overdue recognition received
    6. Passage A and B on something like leaf. (Didn’t read it)

LG:
    1. London Milan Paris, everything in Milan is in London, Walter is in one only. V follows Z.
    2. 5 sequenced of S in 2 or P in 6 not both, p/h - g - p/h, m/o - g - m/o.

Then last 5 sequence can’t remember anymore.

International tests are different from the one in North America. February 2018 LSAT in Asia used February 2016 LSAT in North America:
    https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/february-2016-lsat-first-impressions

52 karma

Shit I didn’t take 2016 practice test. ? whyyyy!!!!

52 karma

@akistotle i checked it is non published. so wouldnt have had access anyway unless i would have gone to states to take it.

• liza.bennettliza.bennett Alum Member
    108 karma

I have been going back and forth for 2 days. I had to skip a game (game 2) and come back to it, and I ran out of time. I guessed hardcore on 4 questions. Ugh!! I am also concerned that I was somehow high as a kite for RC because everyone is saying it was hard but I thought it was okay. I am freaking out. I am worried. I had LR LG LR LR RC

• sunflowersandlawsunflowersandlaw Alum Member
    360 karma

@"liza.bennett" said:
    I have been going back and forth for 2 days. I had to skip a game (game 2) and come back to it, and I ran out of time. I guessed hardcore on 4 questions. Ugh!! I am also concerned that I was somehow high as a kite for RC because everyone is saying it was hard but I thought it was okay. I am freaking out. I am worried. I had LR LG LR LR RC

I had the same sequence. I thought RC was alright. The third passage was a little bit harder to get through, so it left me with 5 min to get to the last one but otherwise I thought the first and second were totally doable.

• m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

@"liza.bennett" said:

I thought the RC was its usual difficulty too. I thought LG was easier than the Dec. test but I found the LR's to be slightly above average in difficulty.

• J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    575 karma

@"liza.bennett" said:

I feel the same as you about RC - I thought it was a breeze and honestly found the Beetle passage to be enjoyable. Everyone is different. And guessing on 4 isn't so bad! I guessed on 2 questions for LG myself. I'm also going back and forth, but we all need to remember that we just don't know until the results come :) But I imagine that won't keep us from worrying.

• charmon1charmon1 Member
    2 karma

@saberati said:
    mine was LR LG LR LR RC. I can confirm the above for real LG and RC. 2nd LR?: pollution from diesel boats contributing to acid rain and global warming, 3LR: wines from certain soil are something and age well 10 years. I had the oil prices re inflation and flat rate surcharge vs percentage here too. Blanking on the first LR.

I had the same format, I think 3 section, second LR section was experimental. Had weird question stems, I thought right away it was experimental just by reading the first question.

• letaylor96letaylor96 Free Trial Member
    4 karma

@TomUSNA12 said:
    I had LG LR LG RC LR. The Powerscore link posted above by @KevinA14 is spot on. The second LG on my test (Section 3) was experimental.

Do we know if they vary the order they give the experimental games in? I had the LGLRLGRCLR order as well, so I had an experimental LG - but I feel like i had the one with the course prerequisites, real game, third not first section. Did anyone else?

• Lsat taker22Lsat taker22 Alum Member
    315 karma

I'm so glad I brought 20 cough drops for myself. I ended up passing them out during the break. Flu season is real y'all.

• yenisey.riveryenisey.river Member
    15 karma

RC pretty tough? That's the easiest RC I've ever seen.

• Aspiring1LAspiring1L Alum Member
    edited February 2018 159 karma

I was locked in for this test. I didn't nor wanted to socialize with anyone prior to it. I came into the test center to do one thing, and that was to crush this test!!! As for snacks, it's all about almond milk chocolates and a sparkling water!! I felt calm throughout the entire test and idk about you guys, but staying calm has always been the toughest obstacle for me when taking this test. I thank the chocolates :smile: As for the test, Logic games felt straightforward besides the armed robbery game, I had to guess on a few on that one. Was anyone surprised for how many MP, Strengthen, Point at Issue, and Weaken questions there were in LR lol? I was pumped to see so many. RC felt good as well. I didn't have much time for the Comparative section however, the Beetle/Larvae and Adult Education passages were very interesting and for that alone I'm confident that I crushed that too. I'm feeling really good right now. Can't wait to get this score back! I wish you guys the best of luck!

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

Could the 1st section be experimental? Bro, I seen a LR question stem that asked some shit about which one of the following questions would be in response to the stimulus....on some jeopardy show/Alex Trebek vibes. If that aint experimental, I may have to drive up to Newtown PA.

• OneFortyDotSixOneFortyDotSix Alum Member
    634 karma

@"Trust But Verify" the sections are differently ordered for every tester

the powerscore blog lists out the likely experimental sections:
    https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=16485

• alexmcd1313alexmcd1313 Free Trial Member
    4 karma

I'm curious as to how any of you know for certain which sections were experimental???

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@alexmcd1313 said:
    I'm curious as to how any of you know for certain which sections were experimental???

Some people have only one RC/one LG/two LRs. So we can identify later by looking up what questions were on the real ones.

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

Did anyone have a question about coral bleaching? I think it was towards the end of my 3rd LR section.

903 karma

So, what to do today? Today is my first full day off since the test and now I don't have anything to do. Aside from calling my mom and talking with her for a while (I need to hear her tell me I did just fine) I have zero plans. All my books are in storage, tv is boring, I can only clean my apartment so many times. What to do, what to do, what. to. do.

903 karma

BTW, I had LR, LG, LR, LR, RC.

903 karma

Are full sections experimental or different questions each section?

• CPAtoJDCPAtoJD Member
    112 karma

From my understanding, the entire section is either experimental or real - they don’t mix between sections. I had the same test order as you, but I don’t remember any questions on coral bleaching.

As far as what to do - I’m in the same boat. I plan on sitting for the June exam so I figured I would just start studying for that. Tried taking a few days off but couldn’t really relax knowing their is another exam coming up.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

@"Paul Pederson", That you've cleaned your apartment is a good thing. I'd say maybe go out somewhere you find relaxing.

903 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    @"Paul Pederson", That you've cleaned your apartment is a good thing. I'd say maybe go out somewhere you find relaxing.

I'll prob go do some fly fishing at a local pond. I haven't touched my fly rod in over 2 years.

159 karma

@"liza.bennett" said:

from what i experienced/read elsewhere/heard, people are mostly saying that the experimental RC was difficult - not the graded one! i had 2 RC, one of which made me cry during the test and one which was relieving-ly standard, comparatively. so i wouldn't worry! i am sure you did great :)

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

I have some final touches to make to super last minute applications but tonight my friends---I am finally cooking a full dinner for my boyfriend, which I haven't done since starting this LSAT journey months ago!

He has really developing his culinary skills in the mean time though. Gotta love your support system.

• Harmmanb-1Harmmanb-1 Alum Member
    126 karma

I can't wait three weeks to get my score. How to cope?

• jwrigh73jwrigh73 Alum Member
    43 karma

@charmon1 said:

@saberati said:
    mine was LR LG LR LR RC. I can confirm the above for real LG and RC. 2nd LR?: pollution from diesel boats contributing to acid rain and global warming, 3LR: wines from certain soil are something and age well 10 years. I had the oil prices re inflation and flat rate surcharge vs percentage here too. Blanking on the first LR.

I had the same format, I think 3 section, second LR section was experimental. Had weird question stems, I thought right away it was experimental just by reading the first question.

I had LR LG LR LR RC. Are you sure that the 3rd LR section had the wines from certain soil question? That would mean that the 3rd LR section was experimental.

• pei12345pei12345 Alum Member
    27 karma

I had LG LR RC RC LR. I remember a question about high altitude and carbonated drinks on LR. I have two RC. The experimental RC was the first reading section, it was one of the harder RC I have seen. So glad it turned out to be experimental. But by the time I got to the real RC, i was still recovering from the shock...idk...

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

Ya -by the time I got to the real one (which I obviously didn't know was real at the time) I felt defeated because I knew I bombed 1st RC and thought I was screwed. I had to pep talk myself when I saw RC 2 and tell myself it was basically my godsend second chance. So glad I did because RC 2 was real and I think I performed well on it!

@pei12345 said:
    I had LG LR RC RC LR. I remember a question about high altitude and carbonated drinks on LR. I have two RC. The experimental RC was the first reading section, it was one of the harder RC I have seen. So glad it turned out to be experimental. But by the time I got to the real RC, i was still recovering from the shock...idk...

• cstrobelcstrobel Alum Member
    228 karma

I had LR,LG,LR,LR,RC. I thought the RC was average (passages were easily digestible, somewhat dense questions). The two Logical Reasoning felt much easier. I never finish with time to spare, and I had minutes remaining for the first LR. Logic Games seemed standard through the first three. The fourth game ruined me. The prerequisite condition seemed like a rule unlike any I had seem before. I usually get -0 on LG, and it totally froze me. Hopefully a lot of the fourth game was C fml

• SerenityFalconSerenityFalcon Alum Member
    edited February 2018 86 karma

Check out this Post-LSAT forum, it might have some helpful words for you, @Harmmanb-1: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/103645

Here's my favorite advice:
    @tylerdschreur10 wrote: "I found it helped to throw myself into applications. Take that study drive mentality and redirect it toward personal statement drafts! #wereallnerds "

In my case, I'm turning to scholarship essays during the wait! Also visiting a bunch of law school campuses!

@"Harmmanb-1" said:
    I can't wait three weeks to get my score. How to cope?

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Glad to hear!. Whats going to be for dinner? :)

@mcglz_64 said:
    I have some final touches to make to super last minute applications but tonight my friends---I am finally cooking a full dinner for my boyfriend, which I haven't done since starting this LSAT journey months ago!

He has really developing his culinary skills in the mean time though. Gotta love your support system.

729 karma

With the LSAT a week behind us some people still reply "ask me when I'm sober" to the polls...

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

i hope the test went well for everyone!!!

• jungik.moonjungik.moon Free Trial Member
    10 karma

I had 3 LRs. Can someone confirm if the two real LRs were 25 questions and 25 questions? Someone told me that was the case, and it is rare considering the breakdown is usually 26 questions and 25 questions.

• dp69002pdp69002p Free Trial Member
    8 karma

@"jungik.moon" said:
    I had 3 LRs. Can someone confirm if the two real LRs were 25 questions and 25 questions? Someone told me that was the case, and it is rare considering the breakdown is usually 26 questions and 25 questions.

My test consist of LR LG LR LR RC and the first and second were both 25 and the 3rd was 26 questions. From what I see from other people it seems like the second LR does not count which would mean 25 and 26 counted.

• cstrobelcstrobel Alum Member
    228 karma

@dp69002p said:

@"jungik.moon" said:

My test consist of LR LG LR LR RC and the first and second were both 25 and the 3rd was 26 questions. From what I see from other people it seems like the second LR does not count which would mean 25 and 26 counted.

It was the two 25 sections, confirmed on Reddit and Powerscore