Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apologies to 7Sage!

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
in General 13286 karma

I just wanted to hop on real fast and say sorry to the community! I haven't been super active the past week or so because I'm stressing out over some stuff the LSAC is doing and it's impacting my applications horribly. I promise once this is resolved I'll be able to get back to answering questions and giving suggestions/motivation!

I'm still here! :D

Comments

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

No worries. Please let us know of updates when you can. I'm also looking forward to hearing news of acceptances! I'm confident that this is in the future.

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

What happened with LSAC?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@Emily2122 said:
    What happened with LSAC?

I'm fighting them over some GPA stuff. They have been nothing but shady and unfair to me.

I underwent a process to fix some errors on my transcripts. I sent the new transcripts to the LSAC. I called and asked if it would change my GPA, and they confirmed that it would. After I put ALL my applications on hold, they received my new transcripts, and nothing changed. I called to ask why and no one would tell me. I then read their GPA calculation policy and it confirmed that I should have a different (better) GPA than I do. A week later I get a letter in the mail that says "Oh well we have another policy that is not listed online." and now they aren't changing my GPA.

This is both unethical and unfair. If I would have known two weeks ago when I started this process that they wouldn't honor it, I would not have put EVERY law school app I have on hold.

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

That sounds really unfair. Sending good vibes your way!!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Hey! Remember when luke went against all odds and saved the rebellion, destroyed the death star and saved Vader. You can do the same!!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Its ok dude. Its incredibly stressful what you've been through. We know you'll be back when the dust settles. Good things will come to you.

• pioneer321pioneer321 Free Trial Member
    328 karma

Lol, you know this speaks to the strength and quality of the community when someone apologizes for not posting as much as they usually do for a week. @LSATcantwin Based on your posts before, about the size of the potential difference this might make in your GPA, this battle is totally worth it. Good luck and keep us updated on how it goes down!