Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powerscore LR bible?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
in General 578 karma
I want to buy Powerscore LR bible from amazon. Anyone else used this book and liked it or have any other recommendations? I am terrible at LR because I read like a turtle and I feel like I still don't understand it even though I understand the fundamentals. I find RC to be easier, and LG is just LG lol

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    If you're going with a book I would say go with Manhattan LR instead, it tends to have better regard than PS LR lately
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    I personally think that PowerScore is too complicated and I tend to like complicated. I'm using some of the problem sets in the PowerScore books for extra practice which is helping. But mostly it is not helping solidify understanding. However, I am having success with making ideas concrete using The LSAT Trainer.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I third the opinion here. Never got used to the Bibles. I found Manhattan LR/Blueprint/7Sage all pretty good sources for LR.
  • shadow16shadow16 Member
    227 karma
    I have the LR bible but stopped reading it after a few chapters b/c I didn't like it very much. Manhattan LR + Trainer are much better for LR.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I think Manhattan is the BEST foundational text for LR, with the Trainer useful for supplementing any gaps in your understanding.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Don't even bother with the bibles! I feel that instead of helping it'll actually confuse you with the material you've learned through 7sage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    edited February 2015 578 karma
    I think I'm going to go with Manhattan LR. I remember I was reading a "how I got 180" blog a while ago and that person talked about it too.

Thanks everyone!
    @emili100 I actually thought the same thing as you. I did not go with 7sage because I had already spent thousands of dollars on Testmasters. I learned about 7sage later on. My friend and I were going to buy 7sage together and split it but I was afraid I will get confused. One of my friends also gave me all the bibles and blueprint materials but I remember getting confused when I opened them so I just put the aside and eventually threw them away when I was moving. :/

Now I am still using Testmaster material and learned the games from 7sage. I won the 7sage contest and I thought of using my amazon gift card on a LR book because I'm still struggling.
    3462 karma
    @royaimani When will you be taking the lsat?
    I'm not really sure actually lol
    3462 karma
    Either way you won't go wrong with 7sage :)
    edited February 2015 2654 karma
    saw that edit @royaimani :p no worries, work hard and you'll be killen it b4 you know it
    3462 karma
    @jdawg113 u stay on it LOL
    578 karma
    Is this the Manhattan LR everyone is talking about

http://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-Logical-Reasoning-Strategy-Guide/dp/1935707116
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Get back to studying @jdawg113
    @jdawg113. Thank you && I agree with ddakjikinng lol...stop looking at people's edits hahaha
    2654 karma
    lol I just happened to click on the thread while it was there... not my fault :)
  • JengibreJengibre Member
    383 karma
    For those of you who have used the Manhattan LR strategy book, do you feel it adds something valuable to the 7sage curriculum?