Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You know the LSAT rules your life when...

LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
edited February 2018 in General 4850 karma

So after I drop off the progeny at school this morning, I rolled into the YMCA for my daily workout. I'm ~40 minutes into an hour long stationary bike workout, led by a training video that both encourages and mocks you through a series of intervals. Today, its riding with the pro peloton in the Tour De Suisse and I'm giving it all I have to stay in the break (re: sweating all over the place and my leg ache). Suddenly, my partner in the break flats and I have to wait for the pack to catch up (start a rest interval). The screen cuts to text, "Life... Life is cruel."

As I'm currently 3/4 through the Introduction to Logic section in the CC, my brain immediately goes to work. Life is cruel, the two concepts are life and cruel. Assume an implied group 1 indicator of "all" and you get Life - Sufficient Condition, Cruel - Necessary Condition. The contra-positive gets you if its not cruel, then its not life.

You just can't get away from the LSAT, even when you are killing it in the gym. However, I eventually won the Tour De Suisse today with a killer sprint at the end.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I stopped studying for the LSAT at the beginning of Dec. I STILL can't pull myself fully away from it....sigh. This test really works its way into your life lol

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited February 2018 3072 karma

... You have dreams in which you improvise logic games to solve actual problems in your life.

lol

• J.CHRIS.ALSTJ.CHRIS.ALST Alum Member
    edited February 2018 399 karma

This is very true. It makes me feel like I'm going crazy when I notice stuff like this. But, It's pretty cool when you spot fallacies in everyday arguments, in the news, or even in books that have been edited and published. For instance, I saw a formal logical fallacy in one of my friend's textbooks, where the textbook was trying to make a simple argument, which happened to be central to the point of the chapter. The form was similar to this:

x --> y
    y
    So, X

Mistaking a necessary condition for a sufficient condition.

You can probably imagine my excitement lol.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

LOL!

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

You are done teaching for the semester and only now realize you wrote your grading rubric in terms of Most, Some and Few....

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    I stopped studying for the LSAT at the beginning of Dec. I STILL can't pull myself fully away from it....sigh. This test really works its way into your life lol

I feel you. I finished in September and can't quite pull myself away. I told myself I would stop once I finished the LSAT, once I got my score, once I finished my apps, and now I'm going with once I make my decision. The thing is addictive.

I'm going to tell you a secret. Part of me wants to take the logic games from December. Not timed or anything. Just cause I kind of miss the feeling.

• CourtG0902CourtG0902 Member
    81 karma

When you wake up to your alarm in a panic because you were dreaming of taking the LSAT and your alarm was the section timer going off in your dream.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

This is hilarious... I find myself doing the same thing and also talking like JY - "what the hell kind of answer choice is this!"

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

Don't you love it when those ads don't sound as acceptable as they were in your pre-LSAT days?

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

I kid you not, on several occasions now, I have been doing LG and LR in my dreams. And they wonder why it has been found to rewire your brain. LoL
    I actually have been feeling guilty because I have missed a few days from working on finals and last assignments (in accelerated courses, 7.5 weeks). Luckily, one dealt heavily with conditional logic, so it wasn't entirely "time off".

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited February 2018 3652 karma

Today at the gym I did the elliptical machine and at the end it said "average heart rate: 153" and seeing the number "153" made me genuinely sad like I just got that LSAT score. Also yes often right before waking up I have been having dreams of LR questions as I've been doing LR before bed lately.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited February 2018 3072 karma

@xadrianas6x said:
    I kid you not, on several occasions now, I have been doing LG and LR in my dreams. And they wonder why it has been found to rewire your brain. LoL
    I actually have been feeling guilty because I have missed a few days from working on finals and last assignments (in accelerated courses, 7.5 weeks). Luckily, one dealt heavily with conditional logic, so it wasn't entirely "time off".

Keep a dream journal and you'll probably be able to lucid dream eventually.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

When you bring conditional logic into arguments you have with your significant other to justify why they're wrong.....

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

When you convert unless statements into if not conditionals.