Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want Feb scores released NOW [moved to Official Thread]

batwomansavesbatwomansaves Alum Member
edited February 2018 in February 2018 LSAT 52 karma

I havent applied to schools yet and I want to apply for Aug 2018. justttt want the results to be out. I cant wait to apply after that and see how many points did i increase after bringing 7sage to my life.

Comments

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

You should send your applications now!

Schools will often wait for your LSAT score, but they won't wait for your application if it's beyond the deadline!

• ArtoriusArtorius Alum Member
    188 karma

I know exactly how you feel, and I am more anxious than you are as my Feb LSAT got postponed to this Saturday due to the extreme weather on Feb 10th.

Regardless, I agree with Paul Caint, you could submit your application now. On a recent webinar I attended, the dean of the law school said if they saw that an applicant has taken the Feb LSAT, they will not review the application until the score is in.

So if you have make up your mind on applying for Aug 2018 and all other parts of your application are ready, don't delay on submitting your application.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Send it now! Put that nervous energy to good use and complete those apps

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Unless you think you are going to want to wait a cycle you might as well send it now.

• batwomansavesbatwomansaves Alum Member
    52 karma

I have already sent apps actually.

52 karma

@Artorius if your LSAT got postponed, do you think that will affect release date of scores?

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@batwomansaves it won't. I tested a week after everybody in December and still got my results when everybody else did.

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

Why does it take so long for a scantron to be graded any way? Don't GRE test takers get immediate results or is that just a misconception on my end?

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    Why does it take so long for a scantron to be graded any way? Don't GRE test takers get immediate results or is that just a misconception on my end?

They get an immediate estimation of their score because the test is taken on a computer. Your official score doesn't come for another week or two. The estimate is pretty accurate though (usually only off by one if anything). Grading scantrons is a huge logistical task, especially in the case of the LSAT where they have to scan and upload a lot of documents alongside just getting the score. They likely can do this faster but have never really had a reason to try since they were the only game in town. Hopefully the GRE forces them to rethink how they grade things so they can get scores back faster (even if you can't check what you missed for a few weeks after).

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

You should email this to the LSAC

• cstrobelcstrobel Alum Member
    228 karma

I took a survey from them asking how comfortable I was reading and taking tests on a computer. Hopefully it changes!

188 karma

@batwomansaves said:
    @Artorius if your LSAT got postponed, do you think that will affect release date of scores?

It still shows 3/8/2018 on my chart so I assume they will post my score on the same day as everybody.

52 karma

I hope everyone gets above 160. May God be kind to one and all.

52 karma

Appears that while LSAC accounts note 2/27 as the cancellation cut off, the real deadline (per an LSAC email and phone call) is 2/28. If so, that makes Thursday the earliest we'd realistically see scores, and Friday the more likely day.

So with that in mind, I still think a release this week is highly probable, but Friday becomes much more likely than Thursday (since LSAC will want Thursday to process any of the prior day's cancel requests).

from Jon denning

52 karma

therefore it is for sure not coming out today, 27th and tomorrow, 28th. only after 1st

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

I thought cancellation could only happen 6 days after the LSAT? Was that a recent change?
    Haven't looked at the LSAT section on lsac in a while

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    I thought cancellation could only happen 6 days after the LSAT? Was that a recent change?
    Haven't looked at the LSAT section on lsac in a while

I agree, I thought the same. I am seeing people comment that there was an extension, but why? Another post on here someone says that, then on lawschool.life people are saying that cancellation date was yesterday, and to me this was make me believe scores are not being released sooner than scheduled by any means. I however did not have an extension. Not getting a very good understanding of what's going on.

188 karma

The extended score cancellation deadline is for the people who take the makeup exam on Feb 24 (including myself). We have until 3pm on Feb 28 to submit the cancellation request, which is less than six days...

1501 karma

@Artorius said:
    The extended score cancellation deadline is for the people who take the makeup exam on Feb 24 (including myself). We have until 3pm on Feb 28 to submit the cancellation request, which is less than six days...

Oh ok that makes sense. Another poster said they were not a delayed taker and had a date change on their score cancellation. Which had me confused.

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:

@Artorius said:

Oh ok that makes sense. Another poster said they were not a delayed taker and had a date change on their score cancellation. Which had me confused.

That was me! My status did change, but I had a later change date from the very beginning...even though I wrote on feb 10. I'm not sure why...I called LSAC and should be hearing back from them soon,.

1501 karma

@"Idil.Beshir" said:

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:

@Artorius said:

That was me! My status did change, but I had a later change date from the very beginning...even though I wrote on feb 10. I'm not sure why...I called LSAC and should be hearing back from them soon,.

That is odd! I saw someone else state they had 14 days to cancel.

• studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
    1421 karma

Hey everyone,

We made an official thread for the February 2018 LSAT score release:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/15316/official-february-2018-lsat-waiting-thread

Let's have discussions there!

This discussion has been closed.